Sack may also refer to:
- Quarterback sack, a tackle of the quarterback behind the line of scrimmage in American and Canadian football
- Sack (band), an Irish band
- Sack (comics), a Marvel Comics villain
- Sack (wine), a type of white fortified wine
- Money sack
- Stuff sack
- A particularly sweet form of mead (wine)
- Slang for scrotum
- Bed or sleeping bag, as in the phrase 'hitting the sack' (going to bed)
- Selective acknowledgement (SACK), in computer networking
- An obsolete Middle Age measurement of weight in England equivalent to 26 stone (364 lb); more recently it was used as a unit of dry measure, equivalent to three bushels
Sack, as a verb, may refer to:
- To dismiss/fire/terminate an employee from a job
- To loot, usually in the context of war
- All pages beginning with "sack of", various places throughout history have been sacked
- Sack of Rome (disambiguation)
Read more about Sack: People
Other articles related to "sack":
... Sack-O-Grande Acroport (FAA LID 9X9), also known as the Harbican Airport (formerly 9XS9) is an airport in unincorporated Harris County, Texas, United States ... The owner is Sack-O-Grande Incorporated, which is based in Hedwig Village, Texas ...
... character Sir John Falstaff, introduced in 1597, was fond of sack, and sometimes refers specifically to Sherris sack ... Robert Herrick wrote two comic poems in praise of sack, "His Farewell to Sack" and "The Welcome to Sack." The early Poets Laureate of England and the U.K ... such as Jonson and Dryden, received their salary, in part or in whole, in sack ...
... dead dog), posing as a "hangaround." She takes an interest in Half-Sack when SAMCRO comes to visit but sleeps with Clay, who wants to punish Half-Sack for voicing his sexual ... Cherry later comes to Charming looking for Half-Sack and begins dating him after gaining permission from Gemma and clearing up what happened between her and Clay at the Devil's Tribe patch over party ... her out and helps her escape California after she makes love one last time to Half-Sack ...
... Kip "Half-Sack" Epps (Johnny Lewis) was a prospective member of the club ... His nickname ("Half-Sack") stems from his loss of a testicle ... Half-Sack was also sometimes referred to as Prospect ...
... Brian Sack, American actor and humorist Erna Sack, German opera singer (soprano) John Sack, American journalist Karl Sack, German jurist and member of ... Sack, American judge Robert L ... Sack, American physician Steve Sack, American editorial cartoonist ...
Famous quotes containing the word sack:
“If sack and sugar be a fault, God help the wicked! If to be
old and merry be a sin, then many an old host that I know is
—William Shakespeare (15641616)
“You cant divide a business like a sack of apples.”
—Edward L. Bernds (b. 1911)
“Say the woman is forty-four.
Say she is five seven-and-a-half.
Say her hair is stick color.
Say her eyes are chameleon.
Would you put her in a sack and bury her,
suck her down into the dumb dirt?”
—Anne Sexton (19281974)