- Blu-ray Disc player, a device that plays discs with high definition video
- CD player, a device that plays audio discs
- DVD player, a device that plays discs produced under both the DVD-Video and DVD-Audio technical standards
- Player piano, a self-playing piano, containing a pneumatic or electro-mechanical mechanism that operates the piano action via pre-programmed music
- Record player, a device that plays vinyl records
- Tape player
Read more about this topic: Player
Other articles related to "technology":
... Information technology Institute of technology.it, an Internet top-level domain IT (file format), an audio file format used by Impulse Tracker ...
... Theories of technology often attempt to predict the future of technology based on the high technology and science of the time ...
... The MOS Technology 6510 is a microprocessor designed by MOS Technology, Inc ... and is a modified form of the very successful 6502 ...
Famous quotes containing the word technology:
“If the technology cannot shoulder the entire burden of strategic change, it nevertheless can set into motion a series of dynamics that present an important challenge to imperative control and the industrial division of labor. The more blurred the distinction between what workers know and what managers know, the more fragile and pointless any traditional relationships of domination and subordination between them will become.”
—Shoshana Zuboff (b. 1951)
“If we had a reliable way to label our toys good and bad, it would be easy to regulate technology wisely. But we can rarely see far enough ahead to know which road leads to damnation. Whoever concerns himself with big technology, either to push it forward or to stop it, is gambling in human lives.”
—Freeman Dyson (b. 1923)
“One can prove or refute anything at all with words. Soon people will perfect language technology to such an extent that theyll be proving with mathematical precision that twice two is seven.”
—Anton Pavlovich Chekhov (18601904)