Newfoundland Base Command
- RCAF Station Torbay, (Headquarters, Newfoundland Base Command)
- 411th Bombardment Squadron (NBC), 1 May–30 August 1941 (B-18 Bolo)
- 49th Bombardment Squadron (NBC), 13 December 1941 – June 1942 (B-18 Bolo)
- 429th Bombardment Squadron (NBC), 28 August 1941 – 29 October 1942 (B-18 Bolo)
- 847th Bombardment Squadron (later 20th Antisubmarine Squadron) (AAFAC), 29 October 1942 – 25 June 1943 (B-17 Flying Fortress)
- RCAF Station Gander
- 19th Antisubmarine Squadron (AAFAC), 19 March–25 June 1943 (B-17 Flying Fortress)
- 6th Antisubmarine Squadron (AAFAC), 12 April–21 August 1943 (B-24 Liberator)
- 4th Antisubmarine Squadron (AAFAC), 8–23 June 1943 (B-24 Liberator)
- Goose Bay Air Base, Labrador (Air Transport Command, North Atlantic Wing)
Other articles related to "base, command, newfoundland base, newfoundland, bases":
... Sawyer AFB was a favorite base among the SAC community ... isolated and definitely northern, it was an attractive base for its pleasing North Woods location and its proximity to outdoor activities off the base ... While the base was sometimes referred to as "K.I ...
... Sawyer Air Force Base is a decommissioned U.S ... Air Force base in Marquette County, Michigan, southeast of the city of Marquette ... The base, near the center of Michigan's Upper Peninsula, operated for nearly forty years and closed in 1995 ...
... Yates assumed command of Fort Pepperrell on November 28, 1941 and was replaced on December 2 by Colonel Paul N. 1941 and early 1942, multiple units left the temporary tent city to fill the new military base until capacity was reached on February 27, 1942 when the final unit, the headquarters of Newfoundland Base ... The base held approximately 5,500 personnel and it, along with other US military facilities in Newfoundland such as Naval Station Argentia, Fort McAndrew, and Stephenville Air Base were placed on a war ...
... Antiprisms are similar to prisms except the bases are twisted relative to each other, and that the side faces are triangles, rather than quadrilaterals ... In the case of a regular n-sided base, one usually considers the case where its copy is twisted by an angle 180°/n ... Extra regularity is obtained by the line connecting the base centers being perpendicular to the base planes, making it a right antiprism ...
Famous quotes containing the words command and/or base:
“It is often necessary to know how to obey a woman in order sometimes to have the right to command her.”
—Victor Hugo (18021885)
“One does not jump, and spring, and shout hurrah! at hearing one has got a fortune, one begins to consider responsibilities, and to ponder business; on a base of steady satisfaction rise certain grave cares, and we contain ourselves, and brood over our bliss with a solemn brow.”
—Charlotte Brontë (18161855)