A limit can be:
- Limit (mathematics):
- Limit of a function
- Limit of a sequence
- One-sided limit
- Limit superior and limit inferior
- Limit of a net
- Limit point
- Limit (category theory)
- Direct limit and Inverse limit
- A constraint (mathematical, physical, economical, legal, etc.) in the form of an inequality, such as:
- Chandrasekhar limit
- Greisen–Zatsepin–Kuzmin limit
- Budget constraint
- Speed limit
- Age of consent
- An extreme value or boundary, such as:
- The high-frequency limit of the hearing range
- A limit order is a type of order to buy a security at no more (or sell at no less) than a specific price on an exchange.
- Other uses, such as:
- The Limit, a 1980s band
- Limit (music), a way to characterize harmony
- Limits (BDSM) are activities that a partner feels strongly about, and to which special attention must be paid.
- limits.h, the header of a general purpose standard library of the C programming language
- Els Límits, a village in the municipality of La Jonquera, Catalonia (Spain)
- Limit, a manga by Keiko Suenobu
Other articles related to "limit":
... Stud Men Nguyen $120,600 Tom McEvoy $1,500 Pot Limit Hold'em Buddy Bonnecaze $115,800 Jimmy Athanas $1,500 Razz Lamar Hampton $80,400 Men Nguyen $1,500 ...
... No Limit can refer to In music No Limit Records, a record label founded by business mogul Master P No Limit (Art Pepper album), a 1976 jazz album by saxophonist Art Pepper No Limit (Mari Iijima album), a 1999 album ... In film and television No Limit (1931 film), starring Clara Bow No Limit (1935 film), a comedy about the Isle of Man TT Race, starring George Formby and Florence Desmond No Limit ...
... A limit ordinal is an ordinal number which is neither zero nor a successor ordinal ... Another way of defining a limit ordinal is to say that λ is a limit ordinal if and only if There is an ordinal less than λ and whenever β is an ordinal less than. 1 ω is a limit ordinal because for any smaller ordinal (in this example, a natural number) we can find another ordinal (natural number) larger than it ...
... Year Tournament Prize (US$) 1986 $1,500 No Limit Hold'em $165,000 1992 $10,000 No Limit Hold'em World Championship $1,000,000 1993 $2,500 Pot Limit Hold'em $114,000 ...
1,500 Omaha Hi-Lo Split Joe Becker $119,400 Mel Judah $2,500 No Limit Hold'em Doyle Brunson $208,000 Dan Stashkiw $1,500 No Limit Hold'em Brent ... Pardey $133,000 Don Williams $5,000 No Limit Deuce to Seven Draw John Spadavecchia $58,500 Dewey Tomko $2,500 Limit Hold'em Ron Stanley $203,000 Stavros Karabinas $1,500 Pot Limit Omaha An Tran $87,600 ...
Famous quotes containing the word limit:
“It is after all the greatest art to limit and isolate oneself.”
—Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe (17491832)
“There is a limit to the application of democratic methods. You can inquire of all the passengers as to what type of car they like to ride in, but it is impossible to question them as to whether to apply the brakes when the train is at full speed and accident threatens.”
—Leon Trotsky (18791940)
“... there are two types of happiness and I have chosen that of the murderers. For I am happy. There was a time when I thought I had reached the limit of distress. Beyond that limit, there is a sterile and magnificent happiness.”
—Albert Camus (19131960)