The town of La Garita is widely popular and known for its unique Mexican cuisine. There is no other place in the state that you can enjoy and savor the many rich flavors of the following foods:
- Birria de Chivo - marinated goat stew
- Sopitos - similar to a taco, a small corn tortilla fried in oil or lard, with mince meat, sauce, and cabbage
- Tostadas de Lomo - a large (dinner plate size) fried tortilla topped with mayonnaise or refried beans with fried pork loin, cabbage or lettuce, tomatoes, onions, grated cheese, and sauce
- Tacos de Cabeza - tacos made with steak from the head of the cow, cilantro, onions, and hot tomatillo sauce
- Tacos de Adobada (made with a special adobo also made in the town) - tacos made with marinated pork tenderloin, with cilantro, onions, and hot tomatillo sauce
- Enchiladas - tacos rolled in a corn tortilla topped with a spicy/sweet sauce, cabbage, and grated cheese
- Tortas de Lomo - A sandwich-type food made with a crispy dinner roll, with fried pork loin, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cheese, mayonnaise, and hot jalapeño peppers if preferred.
- Tamales (Rojos, Verdes, Rajas, Queso) - Tamales are like corn cakes filled with either pork or beef in red or green hot sauce, cheese, or sliced peppers (the peppers vary by region).
- Carnitas - Fried pork that comes in many forms from stomach, intestines, maw, rinds or cracklings, and many other parts.
Those are some of its more popular foods, but when it comes to drinks:
- Freshed squeezed juices every morning (Carrots, beets, oranges, apples, celery).
- Chocolate milk with "rompope" (alcoholic eggnog), quail eggs, protein powder, cinnamon, and many more.
- Atole - made with flour, brown sugar (comes in sugar cones), milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Tequila - of course it is the most popular Mexican alcoholic drink and it is very popular in La Garita.
Other articles related to "cuisine, cuisines":
... Main article Argentine cuisine Besides many of the pasta, sausage, and dessert dishes common to continental Europe, Argentines enjoy a wide variety of ...
... Global cuisines can be categorized by various regions according to the common use of major foodstuffs, including grains, produce and cooking fats ... Regional cuisines may vary based upon food availability and trade, cooking traditions and practices, and cultural differences ... In Italy the cuisine of the north, featuring butter and rice, stands in contrast to that of the south, with its wheat pasta and olive oil ...
... The strongest influences on traditional Quebec cuisine come from the cuisines of France and Ireland, as the two largest ethnic groups in the province ...
... Main article British cuisine Historically, British cuisine has meant "unfussy dishes made with quality local ingredients, matched with simple sauces to accentuate flavour, rather ... This is despite British cuisine having absorbed the culinary influences of those who have settled in Britain, resulting in hybrid dishes such as the British Asian Chicken tikka masala ... during wartime periods of the 20th century, are said to have been the stimulus for British cuisine's poor international reputation ...
... In Cantonese cuisine it is served with sweet ginger or clear syrup, and sometimes as a mixture with black sesame paste, and sometimes also with coconut milk ... which is sold as dau fu fa in wooden bucket (木桶豆腐花) as part of dim sum cuisine ...
Famous quotes containing the word cuisine:
“Thank God for the passing of the discomforts and vile cuisine of the age of chivalry!”
—Mason Cooley (b. 1927)