Instructor may refer to:
- A teacher, or professor, of a specialised subject that involves skill
- flight instructor
- drill instructor
- Physical Training Instructor
In print media:
- Juvenile Instructor, the official periodical of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) between 1901 and 1930
- The Instructor, the official periodical of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) between 1930 and 1970
- Instructor, a trade magazine for teachers published by Scholastic
In other uses:
- Ground Instructor, a certificate issued in the United States by the Federal Aviation Administration that allows the holder to offer ground instruction
Other articles related to "instructor":
... one of the youngest people to ever attain the level of 5th Degree Black Belt Master Instructor in Tae Kwon Do ... of the most prominent martial arts trainers in the world including Master Boxing Instructor Jeff Langton, Muay Thai Instructor Saekson Janjira, Tae Kwon Do Instructor Billy Blanks, last resort tactic ...
... He was an instructor in Sanskrit at Harvard University from 1902 until January 1906, when he moved to the University of California at Berkeley, as an ... He became an Instructor in Sanskrit only later in the same year, became Assistant Professor in 1908, Associate Professor in 1919, and Professor in 1925 ...
... A Master Instructor in scuba diving is one of the highest levels of professional training in those North American based diver training organizations ... It is usually only one step below Course Director for the Instructor Development Course (IDC) ... The requirements for the Master Instructor rating vary according to organization ...
... He is the owner and head instructor of Karate Arts, a martial arts school located in Jacksonville, Florida which is specialized in teaching children the positive side of martial arts ... of the Florida Black Belt hall of fame and has won numerous awards and honors including Instructor of the Year, Master Instructor of the Year and Best ...
Famous quotes containing the word instructor:
“He could jazz up the map-reading class by having a full-size color photograph of Betty Grable in a bathing suit, with a co- ordinate grid system laid over it. The instructor could point to different parts of her and say, Give me the co-ordinates.... The Major could see every unit in the Army using his idea.... Hot dog!”
—Norman Mailer (b. 1923)
“Age is no better, hardly so well, qualified for an instructor as youth, for it has not profited so much as it has lost.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“He is the mediator in that only sense in which possibly any being can mediate between God and man,that is, an instructor of man. He teaches us how to become like God.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)