- Ideal chain, in science, the simplest model describing a polymer
- Ideal gas law, in physics, governing the pressure of an ideal gas
- Ideal transformer, an electrical transformer having zero resistance and perfect magnetic threading
- Ideal Final Result, in TRIZ methodology, the best possible solution
- Ideality (phrenology), in phrenology, the disposition towards refinement and perfection
- Thought experiment, sometimes called an ideal experiment
- Ideal type, a social science term
- Ideal solution, a solution with thermodynamic properties analogous to those of a mixture of ideal gases
Read more about this topic: Ideal
Other articles related to "science, in science":
... See also Politicization of science Many issues damage the relationship of science to the media and the use of science and scientific arguments by politicians ... tank makes it their only goal to cast doubt on supported science because it conflicts with political agendas ...
... The complexity of algorithms and of mathematical problems is one of the central subjects of theoretical computer science ... Simplexity was whimsically defined by computer scientists Broder and Stolfi as a concept worthy of as much attention as complexity ...
... power distribution]], in color science, the power per unit area per unit wavelength of an illumination Trip distribution, part of the four-step transportation forecasting model ...
Famous quotes containing the word science:
“The great pagan world of which Egypt and Greece were the last living terms ... once had a vast and perhaps perfect science of its own, a science in terms of life. In our era this science crumbled into magic and charlatanry. But even wisdom crumbles.”
—D.H. (David Herbert)
“Romance should never begin with sentiment. It should begin with science and end with a settlement.”
—Oscar Wilde (18541900)