Huajuapan De León - Notable Sites

Notable Sites

In the center of the city is found the Catedral de Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe (Cathedral of Our Lady of Guadalupe) and the adjacent Capilla del Señor de los Corazones (Chapel of Our Lord of the Hearts).The Antonio de León central plaza is located next to the cathedral and the municipal palace. Its paths are lined with trees and garden spaces and an octagonal kiosk in the center. Near the town are the Cerros de las Minas, an archeological site and Las Campanas, whch are calcite rocks from which drip water from a small stream.

There is also the Museo Regional de Huajuapan (Regional Museum of Huajuapan) that specialized in the Mixtec cultures of this area.

Read more about this topic:  Huajuapan De León

Other articles related to "notable sites, sites, site":

Sedgwick Avenue - Notable Sites
... This two-way thoroughfare passes a number of historic sites including the Hall of Fame for Great Americans and 1520 Sedgwick Avenue ...
Canyons Of The Ancients National Monument - History - Canyons of The Ancients Residents - Notable Sites
... More than 20,000 sites have been identified, in some places more than 100 sites per square mile ... Painted Hand Pueblo The Painted Hand Pueblo is a backcountry site that consists of not excavated ruins built upon boulders along a cliff-face and a standing tower ... A spring runs through the center of the walled site that held up to 725 people ...
La Rochette, Seine-et-Marne - Notable Sites
... Across the church is the estate of Le Rocheton ... Since its inception, Le Rocheton has served a number of different purposes ...

Famous quotes containing the word notable:

    In one notable instance, where the United States Army and a hundred years of persuasion failed, a highway has succeeded. The Seminole Indians surrendered to the Tamiami Trail. From the Everglades the remnants of this race emerged, soon after the trail was built, to set up their palm-thatched villages along the road and to hoist tribal flags as a lure to passing motorists.
    —For the State of Florida, U.S. public relief program (1935-1943)