- Anabel Medina Garrigues, Spanish professional tennis player
- Charles Harris (Brick) Garrigues (1903–1974), California journalist
- Charlotte Garrigue (1850–1923), wife of Tomáš Garrigue Masaryk, the first president of Czechoslovakia
- Daniel Garrigue (1948- ), member of the National Assembly of France
- Henry Jacques Garrigues (1831–1912), American doctor
- Jean Garrigue (1912–1972), American poet
- Lisa Garrigues (New Jersey writer), author of Writing Motherhood
- Lisa Gale Garrigues, California writer, teacher, poet and journalist
- Malvina Garrigues (Schnorr von Carolsfeld) (1825–1904), Danish-German operatic soprano
- Richard Garrigues, naturalist, writer and videographer, author of The Birds of Costa Rica
Read more about this topic: Garrigues
Other articles related to "people":
... Further information List of people from Bitola Some notable people born in Bitola are Nikolce Noveski, footballer Karolina Gočeva, singer Hristijan Spirovski, pianist Janko Konstantinov, architect Igor Durlovski ...
... his death, Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh said "I appeal to people to remain calm and maintain law and order ... People came from across Maharashtra for his funeral including the party's strongholds of Thane, Raigad, Pune, Aurangabad and Konkan regions ... Police said that 200,000 people walked alongside the hearse and were later joined by others on the way to the cremation site ...
... rights, is one of the most well-known examples of the lengths people will go to in order to secure adequate water supplies ... for quite some time because we're now 38 million people and not anymore 18 million people like we were in the late 60s ...
... The population density was 3,208.8 people per square mile (1,238.9/km²) ... The Census reported that 64,044 people (99.7% of the population) lived in households, 97 (0.2%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 93 (0.1%) were institutionalized ... The population was spread out with 15,792 people (24.6%) under the age of 18, 5,574 people (8.7%) aged 18 to 24, 13,848 people (21.6%) aged 25 to 44, 21,414 people (33.3%) aged 45 to 64, and 7,606 people (1 ...
Famous quotes containing the word people:
“I never did ask more, nor ever was willing to accept less, than for all the States, and the people thereof, to take and hold their places, and their rights, in the Union, under the Constitution of the United States. For this alone have I felt authorized to struggle; and I seek neither more nor less now.”
—Abraham Lincoln (18091865)
“Art is a concrete and personal and rather childish thing after allno matter what people do to graft it into science and make it sociological and psychological; it is no good at all unless it is let alone to be itselfa game of make-believe, or re-production, very exciting and delightful to people who have an ear for it or an eye for it.”
—Willa Cather (18731947)
“The land may vary more;
But wherever the truth may be
The water comes ashore,
And the people look at the sea.”
—Robert Frost (18741963)