Encounter may refer to:
- Encounter (album), a 1988 album by Michael Stearns
- Encounters (album), an album by Mal Waldron
- Place Vendôme (Swingle Singers with MJQ album) or Encounter
- Encounters, an album by Sylvan
In TV and film:
- Encounter (TV series), a 1958 CBC/ABC series
- Encounters (TV series), a TV series that featured real-life stories of paranormal phenomena
- "The Encounter", a 1964 episode of The Twilight Zone
- Encounter, a 1997 Indian film by Nimmala Shankar
- HMS Encounter (1873), a wooden screw corvette
- HMAS Encounter (1902), a Challenger class protected cruiser
- HMS Encounter (H10), an E class destroyer launched in 1934
In other uses:
- Encounter (psychology), an authentic, congruent meeting between individuals
- Encounter (game), an international network of active urban games
- Encounter (magazine), a literary magazine
- Encounters (anthology), a 2004 anthology of speculative fiction
Other articles related to "encounter, encounters":
... The Close encounter of Cussac is the name given to an event which happened to a young brother and sister in Cussac, Cantal, France in August 1967 ... They reported a UFO sighting and encounter with alien beings ...
... The encounters one after another, of charioteers, have been here described ... Then comes the encounter with clubs, between Duryodhana and Bhima then the arrival, at the time of such encounter, of Balarama then is described the sacredness of the Saraswati ...
... and adapted it into a full length film script, Brief Encounter (1945), which was filmed by David Lean, with Celia Johnson and Trevor Howard in the roles originally played by ... In 2008, a stage version of Brief Encounter was presented in London at the Haymarket Cinema and on tour by Kneehigh Theatre using a combination of the text of Still Life and the screenplay ... In May 2009, Houston Grand Opera premiered an opera in two acts based on Brief Encounter, with music by André Previn from a libretto by John Caird ...
... Brief Encounter is a 1974 British-Italian drama film starring Richard Burton and Sophia Loren, adapted from the play Still Life by Noël Coward ... The material was previously adapted for the 1945 film Brief Encounter ...
Famous quotes containing the word encounter:
“Anytime you have a difficult encounter with your child, there is a good chance that at least one of these factors is bringing out the worst in him or her: transitions, time pressure, competition for your attention, conflicting objectives.”
—Cathy Rindner Tempelsman (20th century)
“But only that soul can be my friend which I encounter on the line of my own march, that soul to which I do not decline, and which does not decline me, but, native of the same celestial latitude, repeats in its own all my experience.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“Well encounter opposition, wont we, if we give women the same education that we give to men, Socrates says to Galucon. For then wed have to let women ... exercise in the company of men. And we know how ridiculous that would seem. ... Convention and habit are womens enemies here, and reason their ally.”
—Martha Nussbaum (b. 1947)