Consolidated Edison, Inc. (NYSE: ED), colloquially referred to as Con Edison or Con Ed, is one of the largest investor-owned energy companies in the United States, with approximately $13 billion in annual revenues and $40 billion in assets. The company provides a wide range of energy-related products and services to its customers through its subsidiaries:
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc., a regulated utility providing electric, gas, and steam service in New York City and Westchester County, New York;
- Orange and Rockland Utilities, Inc., a regulated utility serving customers in a 1,350-square-mile (3,500 km2) area in southeastern New York and adjacent sections of northern New Jersey and northeastern Pennsylvania;
- Con Edison Solutions, a retail energy supply and services company;
- Con Edison Energy, a wholesale energy supply company; and
- Con Edison Development, a company that owns and operates generating plants and participates in other infrastructure projects.
In 2005, electric revenues accounted for 64.9% of consolidated sales (68.2% in 2004); gas revenues 15.9% (15.4%); non-utility revenues 13.6% (10.8%); and steam revenues 5.5% (5.6%).
Other articles related to "consolidated edison":
... a bomb that exploded without injury in a phone booth at the Consolidated Edison headquarters building at 4 Irving Place ... He also mailed one bomb, which did not explode, to Consolidated Edison from White Plains, New York ... a letter in penciled block letters, stating “ BOMBS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL THE CONSOLIDATED EDISON COMPANY IS BROUGHT TO JUSTICE FOR THEIR DASTARDLY ACTS ...
... Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc ... is a subsidiary of the larger Consolidated Edison, Inc ... delivered to more than four million customers through several distribution companies, including Consolidated Edison Company of New York, and Orange and Rockland Utilities ...
... The bomber's belief that he had been wronged by Consolidated Edison and by others acting in concert with Consolidated Edison seemed to dominate his thoughts ... Present or former Consolidated Edison worker ...
Famous quotes containing the words edison and/or consolidated:
“Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration.”
—Thomas Alva Edison (18471931)
“Prestige is the shadow of money and power. Where these are, there it is. Like the national market for soap or automobiles and the enlarged arena of federal power, the national cash-in area for prestige has grown, slowly being consolidated into a truly national system.”
—C. Wright Mills (19161962)