Milton Keynes (urban Area)
The urban area accounts for about 33% of the Borough by area and 90% by population. This is a partial list of the districts of Milton Keynes itself. For a discussion of the usage of the term "city" in Milton Keynes, see History of Milton Keynes.
The Borough of Milton Keynes is fully parished. These are the parishes, and the districts they contain, that are now elements of Milton Keynes as a whole.
- Bletchley and Fenny Stratford: Brickfields, Central Bletchley, Denbigh, Mount Farm, Fenny Lock, Granby, Fenny Stratford, Water Eaton
- Bradwell: Bradwell, Bradwell Common, Bradwell village, Heelands, Rooksley
- Bradwell Abbey: Bradwell Abbey, Kiln Farm, Stacey Bushes, Two Mile Ash, Wymbush
- Broughton and Milton Keynes (the Village) – a shared parish council: Atterbury, Brook Furlong, Broughton, Fox Milne, Middleton, Milton Keynes, Milton Keynes Village, Northfield, Oakgrove, Pineham
- Campbell Park: Campbell Park, Elfield Park, Fishermead, Newlands, Oldbrook, Springfield, Willen and Willen Lake, Winterhill
- Central Milton Keynes
- Great Linford: Blakelands, Conniburrow, Downs Barn, Downhead Park, Giffard Park, Great Linford, Neath Hill, Pennyland, Tongwell, Willen Park
- Kents Hill, Monkston and Brinklow: Brinklow, Kents Hill, Kingston, Monkston
- Loughton: Loughton, Loughton Lodge, Great Holm, the Bowl
- New Bradwell
- Shenley Brook End: Emerson Valley, Furzton, Kingsmead, Shenley Brook End, Snelshall, Tattenhoe, Tattenhoe Park, Westcroft
- Shenley Church End: Crownhill, Grange Farm, Hazeley, Medbourne, Oakhill, Oxley, Shenley Church End, Woodhill
- Simpson: Ashland, Simpson, West Ashland
- Stantonbury: Bancroft/Bancroft Park, Blue Bridge, Bradville, Linford Wood, Stantonbury, Stantonbury Fields
- Stony Stratford: Fullers Slade, Galley Hill, Stony Stratford
- Walton: Caldecotte, Old Farm Park, Tilbrook, Tower Gate, Walnut Tree, Walton, Walton Hall, Walton Park, Wavendon Gate
- West Bletchley: Far Bletchley, Old Bletchley, West Bletchley.
- Wolverton and Greenleys: Greenleys, Stonebridge, Wolverton, Old Wolverton
- Woughton: Beanhill, Bleak Hall, Coffee Hall, Eaglestone, Leadenhall, Netherfield, Peartree Bridge, Redmoor, Tinkers Bridge, Woughton on the Green, Woughton Park, Woughton village.
- Newport Pagnell lies within the Milton Keynes urban area as defined by the Office of National Statistics but is outside the 1967 'designated area' and is thus generally accepted as separate.
- Bow Brickhill lies within the Milton Keynes urban area as defined by the Office of National Statistics although the gap between it and Tilbrook in Milton Keynes is greater than the 200 metres that the ONS regards as the maximum to be regarded as contiguous urban area. It is usually considered a separate village.
Famous quotes containing the word milton:
“He werent no saintbut at Jedgment
Id run my chance with Jim,
Longside of some pious gentlemen
That wouldnt shook hands with him.
He seen his duty, a dead-sure thing,
And went for it, thar an then:
And Christ aint a-goin to be too hard
On a man that died for me.”
—John Milton Hay (18381905)