Art Institute or The Art Institute may refer to:
- The Art Institutes, a network of for-profit vocational schools with locations across North America, including:
- Art Institute of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Art Institute of Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia
- The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Art Institute of Portland, Portland, Oregon
- The Art Institute of Seattle, Seattle, Washington
- Miami International University of Art & Design, Miami, Florida
- Art Institute of Chicago, a noted museum and school in Chicago, Illinois
- The Art Institute of Boston, part of Lesley University
- Kansas City Art Institute, Kansas City, Missouri
- Miami International University of Art & Design, an Art Institute school in Miami, Florida
- San Francisco Art Institute, a school of higher education in contemporary art in San Francisco, California
Other articles related to "art institute, art, arts":
... War I, a clique of enterprising and innovative artists enrolled at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago ... Two such art students, Sol Kogen and Edgar Miller, met at the school and became friends and leaders of an avant-garde group of art students ... his lifetime, Sol entered the family business shortly after his experience at the Art Institute, and did well enough to “retire” from the business in the mid-1920s, travel to Europe for a ...
... Eagle Rock High School, he entered Los Angeles City College, where his formal art training began ... He then attended the Chouinard Art Institute for two years, holding scholarships won in competition ... Traylor was invited to attend École Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts (National School of the Fine Arts) in Paris, France ...
... Ferguson's gift set out terms whereby the Art Institute of Chicago was empowered to select subjects and sites for "The erection and maintenance of enduring statuary and monuments, in whole or in ... used some of the funds to add a wing to the Art Institute of Chicago Building, named the B ...
... for its support of educational activities in architecture and in related fields of the fine arts ... of a lengthy oral history taken by the noted art and architecture critic, Franz Schulze, as part of a series on Chicago architects for the Art Institute of Chicago ... It is now hosted online by the Art Institute, as is his childhood memoir A Boyhood Revisited 1918-1937 ...
Famous quotes containing the words institute and/or art:
“Whenever any form of government shall become destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, & to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles & organising its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety & happiness.”
—Thomas Jefferson (17431826)
Listen where thou art sitting
Under the glassy, cool, translucent wave,
In twisted braids of lilies knitting
The loose train of thy amber-dropping hair.”
—John Milton (16081674)