- Best Player of the Year (In Iraqi Districts, "Muhafathat").
- League Top scorer with 19 goals.
- Youngest player to play for the Iraqi National team.
- 2002 WAFF Champions
- Topscorer of 11th Umm Al-Ma’arak Cup.
- Top scorer in the Abha cup in Saudi Arabia with 5 goals.
- AFC Young player of the Year Nominee.
- Voted as one of the top 5 Arab players in 2003-2004.
- Top scorer of the Asian cup first qualification round with 7 goals.
- First Iraqi player to own a personal official website.
- 4th place in the Olympics 2004 finals in Athens, Greece.
- He participated in 5 matches, scoring once against Portugal in the first round.
- Reached the Quarter Final of the Asian Cup 2004 in China.
- Debut with Al-Khor club, Qatar.
- Top Al-Khor goal scorer.
- Scored fastest goal in the Qatari League.
- Scored fastest goal in the Qatari Cup.
- Top Goal scorer in the Qatari Cup for 3 seasons.
- Won the Qatari Cup with Al-Khor Club.
- 2005 West Asian Games Gold medallist.
- Top goal scorer of the 2005 West Asian cup held in Qatar.
- Top Al-Khor Club goal scorer.
- Second top goal scorer in the Qatari league with 20 goals, one goal behind the top goal scorer.
- Scored 6 goal in a Match and broke record in the Qatar league.
- Asian Games Gold Medallist.
- Top scorer for Iraq during the 2007 AFC Asian Cup qualification (4 goals). He scored 2 goals against Palestine and also 2 against Singapore.
- Nominated AFC Player of the Year 2006.
- Nominated Arab Player of the Year 2006.
- After two years of losing out the Qatari league top goal scorer award by a margin of one goal, Younis Mahmoud saw a happier ending to the Qatari league in his third year. Finally, and in a competition that lasted till the last minute of the Qatari league, Younis Mahmoud snatched the Qatari league top goal scorer award. Younis was able to win the top goal scorer race against many foreign professional players and was able to add the top goal scorer award to his name this season.
- Winner of the 2007 AFC Asian Cup.
- Won the AFC Asian Cup MVP.
- shared the top scorers with Yasser Al-Qahtani and Naohiro Takahara with 4 goals.
- Nominated AFC Player of the Year 2007 and finished as Runner-up.
- Nominated Arab Player of the Year 2007.
- Nominated for the Ballon d'Or 2007 and was the 29th best player in the world.
- Nominated by IFFHS for The World's Most Popular Footballer Amongst Currently Active Players in 2007
- Younis Mahmoud won La Gazzetta dello Sport's Facchetti award.
- 2007 AFC Asian Cup All-Star Team.
- Al-Ahram's 2007 Arab player of the Year.
- Iraqi Player of the Year 2007.
- Al-Watan's 2007 Arab player of the Year.
- Zaman's 2007 World player of the Year.
- Al-Hadath magazine's 2007 Arab player of the Year.
- Al Gharafa Player of the Year.
- Iraq's Honor Badge for winning the Asian Cup 2007.
- Won the Sheikh Jassem Cup with Al Gharrafa.
- Won the Qatari Premier League with Al Gharrafa.
- Stormed straight to No.2 in the Arabian Business 2008 Power List.
- Qatari Premier League player of the year 2007/2008
- Won the Qatari League 2008–09 with Al Gharrafa.
- Won the 2009 Emir of Qatar Cup with Al Gharrafa.
- Won the 2009 Qatari Stars Cup with Al Gharrafa.
- Won the Qatari League 2009–10 with Al Gharrafa.
- Qatari League 2009–10 Top scorers (21 goals) with Al Gharrafa.
- Won the 2010 Qatar Crown Prince Cup with Al Gharrafa.
- Won the Qatari Stars Cup with Al Wakrah SC
Read more about this topic: Younis Mahmoud
Other articles related to "honors, honor":
... of Mississippi to help form the McDonnell-Barksdale Honors College ... To honor his deceased wife, Barksdale asked that the Honors College be renamed the Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College ...
... The WKU Honors College became the first and only Honors College in the Commonwealth of Kentucky on July 1, 2007 ... The Honors College serves over 1,000 active Honors students with the 2009 incoming freshman class ACT/SAT average ranking among the top 6% in the nation ...
... For honors track study — engineering students only — the minimum entrance requirements are A-Level results with B average or above in three subjects, one of ... Students in the Honors Track are required to maintain a cumulative grade average (CGA) of A- or above every semester ... with good academic results will be invited to join the honors study track halfway ...
... A distinctive First Year Honors Program is for qualified first-year students ... Contemporary Contexts, East Meets West, and Science Honors ... Contemporary Contexts is the replacement program for the London Honors program which began in 1996 ...
Famous quotes containing the word honors:
“Justice shines in very smoky homes, and honors the righteous; but the gold-spangled mansions where the hands are unclean she leaves with eyes averted.”
—Aeschylus (525456 B.C.)
“He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher.”
—Walt Whitman (18191892)
“The sire then shook the honors of his head,
And from his brows damps of oblivion shed
Full on the filial dullness:”
—John Dryden (16311700)