Recent National Campaigns
- Homeless Solidarity Campaign (2003 & 2004). Sleep-outs in Dublin, Cork and Limerick to raise awareness of Irelands' homelessness problem.
- Better Deal for Young Drivers (2003): To campaign for action on road safety, motor insurance for young drivers and reform of the diver education/testing system. This campaign included 20 public meetings nationwide and a local media and internet publicity drive.
- Housing Tax Campaign (2004): Nationwide petition campaign to raise awareness of the government's excessive tax take on new homes for first-time buyers.
- Talk! Campaign (2005): To raise awareness of Mental Health and Suicide
- Voter Registration Campaign (2006): To encourage Youth Participation in Politics
- Lisbon Treaty Campaign (2008): Campaign to seek a Yes vote in the Irish referendum on the Lisbon Treaty.
- Get Ireland Back to Work Campaign 2010: To raise awareness of Fine Gael's policies on job creation including New Era & Hope for a Lost Generation, policies drafted in response to the financial crisis and recession.
Read more about this topic: Young Fine Gael
Other articles related to "national":
... These national bodies are the rule-making body for that nation ... British Orienteering Federation is the national governing body for the United Kingdom ...
... become a four brigade combat team division with National Guardsmen from throughout the Pacific/Western United States and Oceania ... After seeing service in World War I as a depot division, it was reorganised as the National Guard division for California, Nevada, and Utah, before seeing service in the Pacific Theatre of World War II ... The division was redesignated the National Guard unit for California alone, and it continues to serve domestically as such, mostly in homeland security operations ...
... poet France Prešeren, considered the national poet of Slovenes ... On 27 September 1989, it became the national anthem of Slovenia ... the March Revolution in 1848 elevated into a national political programme ...
... Instead of October 3, the National Reunification should be celebrated on the first Sunday of October ... hours would be seen as a provocation and devaluing the national holiday ... sometimes fall on 7 October, which happens to have been the national day of East Germany this date would thus have been seen as commemorating the division of Germany rather than the reunification ...
Famous quotes containing the words campaigns and/or national:
“That food has always been, and will continue to be, the basis for one of our greater snobbisms does not explain the fact that the attitude toward the food choice of others is becoming more and more heatedly exclusive until it may well turn into one of those forms of bigotry against which gallant little committees are constantly planning campaigns in the cause of justice and decency.”
—Cornelia Otis Skinner (19011979)
“Our national determination to keep free of foreign wars and foreign entanglements cannot prevent us from feeling deep concern when ideals and principles that we have cherished are challenged.”
—Franklin D. Roosevelt (18821945)