- Striker Günter "Meister" Pröpper (born 12 August 1941) played with Wuppertaler SV from 1970–79 and represents the club's golden era of the early 70s. His 52 goals in the club's 1971–72 campaign set a second division record that still stands. In 87 Bundesliga matches he scored 39 goals. After retiring he settled in Wuppertal and has remained associated with the club.
- Outside forward Horst Szymaniak, who was with WSV from 1956–59, participated in two World Cups. He is the only player from the club to be called to play for the national side while playing in Wuppertal, where he earned 20 of his 43 caps. He was one of the first German players to follow the big money to play professionally in Italy and won the European Champions Cup in 1974 with Inter Milan. Szymaniak was also an unfortunate member of the worst-ever Bundesliga side Tasmania 1900 Berlin.
- While Erich Probst enjoyed only limited success during his stay in Wuppertal (1956–58), he made 19 appearances for the Austrian national team and participated in the World Cup 1954 where Austria finished third. Probst scored six goals, tying him for second place with two other players among goalscorers at the competition.
- Alfred "Coppi" Beck, 1955–58, capped once for Germany when with FC St. Pauli.
- Erich Haase, 1956–68, played one international match for East Germany while with Turbine Halle.
- Waldemar Ksienzyk, 1992–94, played one international match for East Germany while with Dynamo Berlin.
- Erich Ribbeck, who later coached the German national team, started his career with SSV and later played with WSV. In his early days as a coach at Rot-Weiss Essen he used Günter Pröpper only rarely, which caused that player to move on to Wuppertaler SV.
- Mohammad Reza Adelkhani, played the 1968–69 season in Wuppertal. He joined Tehran club Esteghlal FC in 1973 and was capped 17 times for Iran.
- Thomas Litjens
- José Valencia
Read more about this topic: Wuppertaler SV Borussia
Other articles related to "notable players, players, player":
... For details on former players, see List of Derry Gaelic footballers and CategoryDerry Gaelic footballers ... incomplete you can help by expanding it Player First Senior year Last Senior year Position Club Paddy Bradley 1999 Present Full forward Glenullin Joe Brolly 2001 ... Right corner forward ...
... This list of players includes those who received international caps while playing for the team, made significant contributions to the team in terms of ...
Famous quotes containing the words players and/or notable:
“Will you see the players well bestowed? Do you hear, let them
be well used, for they are the abstracts and brief chronicles of the time. After your death you were better have a bad epitaph than their ill report while you live.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)
“In one notable instance, where the United States Army and a hundred years of persuasion failed, a highway has succeeded. The Seminole Indians surrendered to the Tamiami Trail. From the Everglades the remnants of this race emerged, soon after the trail was built, to set up their palm-thatched villages along the road and to hoist tribal flags as a lure to passing motorists.”
—For the State of Florida, U.S. public relief program (1935-1943)