Woking Palace

Woking Palace is a former manor house of the Royal Manor of Woking on the outskirts of Woking, near the village of Old Woking, Surrey. The manor was in the gift of the Crown, and was held by numerous nominees of the Crown until 1466 when Lady Margaret Beaufort and her third husband, Sir Henry Stafford obtained the Manor by royal grant.

Read more about Woking Palace:  History

Other articles related to "woking palace, woking, palace":

Woking Palace - History - Recent Years
... Woking Palace is of particular importance because of its excellent survival, high diversity, enormous archaeological potential both on the island itself and in the waterlogged moats and particularly because of its ... It is owned by Woking Borough Council ...
History Of Woking - Pre-1800 - Woking Palace
... A building was first recorded on the site of Woking Palace in 1272 ... obtained by royal grant the former Beaufort manor of Woking ... began the process of converting the manor house into a palace ...