Some articles on straight:
... located at Nazareth-I'llit (תעשיות רכב נצרת-עלית), using straight 6 ... gasoline engines with manual transmission ... The models were D100 D200 light trucks, D500 truck, and the D600 truck with the straight 6 engine and having on-demand 4 wheel drive ... This bus was a 20 seat bus built on the chassis of the D500 truck using the straight 4 engine with front rear hydraulic doors, complete D500 front end hood, and D500 ...
More definitions of "straight":
- (adj): Accurately fitted; level.
- (noun): A heterosexual person; someone having a sexual orientation to persons of the opposite sex.
Synonyms: heterosexual, heterosexual person, straight person
- (adj): Characterized by honesty and fairness.
- (adj): Neatly arranged; not disorderly.
Example: "The room is straight now"
- (adj): Right; in keeping with the facts.
Example: "Set the record straight"; "made sure the facts were straight in the report"
- (adj): Rigidly conventional or old-fashioned.
- (adj): Not homosexual.
- (noun): A poker hand with 5 consecutive cards (regardless of suit).
- (adj): (of hair) having no waves or curls.
Example: "Her naturally straight hair hung long and silky"
- (adj): Honest and morally upright.
Example: "I just want a straight answer to the question"; "straight dealing"
- (adj): Having no deviations.
Example: "Straight lines"; "straight roads across the desert"; "straight teeth"; "straight shoulders"
- (noun): A straight segment of a roadway or racecourse.
- (adj): Following a correct or logical method.
Example: "Straight reasoning"
- (adj): Without curves.
- (adv): In a forthright manner; candidly or frankly.
Example: "Told me straight out"
Synonyms: directly, flat
- (adj): Reliable in matters of fact.
Example: "He was always straight with me"
- (adv): In a straight line; in a direct course.
Example: "The road runs straight"
- (adj): Erect in posture.
Example: "He was straight with something angry in his attitude"
Synonyms: unbent, unbowed, upright
- (adj): Successive (without a break).
Example: "Sick for five straight days"
Famous quotes containing the word straight:
“... the truth is hidden from us. Even if a mere piece of luck brings us straight to it, we shall have no grounded conviction of our success; there are so many similar objects, all claiming to be the real thing.”
—Lucian (c. 120c. 180)
“Columbus has sailed westward of these isles by the mariners compass, but neither he nor his successors have found them. We are no nearer than Plato was. The earnest seeker and hopeful discoverer of this New World always haunts the outskirts of his time, and walks through the densest crowd uninterrupted, and, as it were, in a straight line.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“When you come to a place where you have to go left or right, go straight ahead.”
—Sister Ruth, U.S. nun. As quoted in Dakota, ch. 30, by Kathleen Norris (1993)