Despite its intended hearing-impaired audience, the show made extensive use of music for the benefit of hearing viewers watching the show. Notable themes included:
- The opening theme was "Accroche-Toi, Caroline" by Caravelli (recorded by the Paris Studio Group).
- The closing theme was "Java" in the versions recorded by Al Hirt and Bert Kaempfert
- "The Gallery" – "Cavatina" originally, but "Left Bank Two" by Wayne Hill (recorded by The Noveltones) is best remembered for this sequence. When Take Hart started, "Left Bank Two" became the opening theme tune and Cavatina became the "Gallery" music for the show instead.
- "The Burbles" theme "Goofy" by Cliff Johns.
- "Humphrey the tortoise" theme "Merry Ocarina" by Pierre Arvay.
- "Animated Clock" scene used "Gurney Slade" by Max Harris (the theme from the TV series The Strange World of Gurney Slade)
Read more about this topic: Vision On
Other articles related to "music":
... Nairobi is the centre of the Kenyan music scene ... The genre is a fusion of jazz and Luo music forms ... became the prominent centre for East and Central African music ...
... Composer Joseph LoDuca wrote the theme music and incidental music, and co-wrote the lyrics for the songs in "The Bitter Suite" ... The theme music was developed from the traditional Bulgarian folk song "Kaval sviri", sung by the Bulgarian State Television Female Vocal Choir ... for LoDuca, who won the Emmy award for Outstanding Music Composition for a Series (Dramatic Underscore) for the Season 5 episode Fallen Angel in 2000 ...
... Music therapy is an interpersonal process in which the therapist uses music and all of its facets—physical, emotional, mental, social, aesthetic, and spiritual—to help clients to improve ... In some instances, the client's needs are addressed directly through music in others they are addressed through the relationships that develop between the client and therapist ... Music therapy is used with individuals of all ages and with a variety of conditions, including psychiatric disorders, medical problems, physical handicaps, sensory ...
... has largely replaced the double bass in popular music as the bass instrument in the rhythm section ... While the types of basslines performed by the bassist vary widely from one style of music to another, the bassist fulfills a similar role in most types of music anchoring the harmonic framework and laying down the beat ... The bass guitar is used in many styles of music including rock, metal, pop, punk rock, country, reggae, gospel, blues, and jazz ...
Famous quotes containing the word music:
“Thy remembrance, and repentance, and deep musings are not free
From the music of two voices and the light of one sweet smile.”
—Percy Bysshe Shelley (17921822)
“Poetry is either something that lives like fire inside youlike music to the musician or Marxism to the Communistor else it is nothing, an empty formalized bore around which pedants can endlessly drone their notes and explanations.”
—F. Scott Fitzgerald (18961940)
“For the introduction of a new kind of music must be shunned as imperiling the whole state; since styles of music are never disturbed without affecting the most important political institutions.”
—Plato (c. 427347 B.C.)