USC&GS Arago (1854)

USC&GS Arago (1854)

USC&GS Arago was a survey ship that served in the United States Coast Survey from 1854 to 1878 and in the United States Coast and Geodetic Survey from 1878 to 1881. From October 1861 into 1863 Arago was at times attached to the Navy's South Atlantic Blockading Squadron off South Carolina to provide hydrographic support. She was the first ship of the Coast Survey or Coast and Geodetic Survey to bear the name.

Read more about USC&GS Arago (1854):  Construction and Early Service, Service History

Other articles related to "arago":

USC&GS Arago (1854) - Service History - Resumption of Regular Service
... Aragowas again in South Carolina in May, 1863 surveying passages between St ... Edwards, commanding Arago brought up the ship and ship's company for assistance, but the revolt did not occur ... Coast Survey from 1869 through 1877 note the schooner Aragoworking in the sounds of the North Carolina coast including Pamlico (old spelling Pamplico used), Albermarle and Currituck and ...