Live Cover Performances
- In 1994, rock band The Flaming Lips live recorded their cover version, for the 23rd volume of Warner Brothers Recordings promo series Soil X Samples, which released the following year.
- In 2002, post-hardcore band The Blood Brothers live covered "Under Pressure" for the 31G Queen tribute album Dynamite With a Laser Beam: Queen as Heard Through the Meat Grinder of Three One G.
- Musician Keller Williams released his version on his live album Stage (2004).
- Ben Harper and Relentless7 performed this song on several occasions including a performance with Eddie Vedder at David Lynch's benefit concert, Change Begins Within, at the Radio City Music Hall on 4 April 2009 and with Jack Black on The Jay Leno Show 8 October 2009.
- In 2011, Wakefield trio The Cribs, who have expressed an interest in having latter-day Queen producer David Richards helm their fifth studio album, covered the song live in a session for the Brazilian website Popload.
- On 28 June 2011, The Voice coaches Adam Levine, Cee Lo Green, Christina Aguilera and Blake Shelton performed a live rendition to open that night's show.
Read more about this topic: Under Pressure
Other articles related to "live cover performances, live, cover, covers":
... Mating of animals, e.g ... a stallion covers a mare ...
... Their live version of the song appears on the concert DVD "Marley Magic Live In Central Park At Summerstage" and "Live Vol ... The song was covered by The Jerry Garcia Band during several live performances, usually as a long jam with no lyrics ... following the song "Night Shift." Slightly Stoopid has made a cover of "Stir It Up" and they often play it during live performances ...
... The song was covered live by The Smashing Pumpkins in 1992, and the recording can be found on the Mashed Potatoes box set ... Kurt Elling performed live during a concert in the Czech Republic in 2006 ... They Might Be Giants have played it live on occasion, and included a cover of it on their podcast ...
... known for creating the majority of album covers for Pink Floyd, worked with the band Dream Theater on their 1997 album Falling into Infinity and submitted to the band two sketches for possible covers ... One became the cover that was used on the release ...
Famous quotes containing the words performances, live and/or cover:
“At one of the later performances you asked why they called it a miracle,
Since nothing ever happened. That, of course, was the miracle
But you wanted to know why so much action took on so much life
And still managed to remain itself, aloof, smiling and courteous.”
—John Ashbery (b. 1927)
“It were a blessed sight to see
That child become a willow tree,
His brother trees among.
Hed be four times as tall as me,
And live three times as long.”
—Catherine Maria Fanshawe (17651834)
“If only I could vanish in darkness, and thick darkness would cover my face!”
—Bible: Hebrew, Job 23:17.