- Uesugi clan, a Japanese samurai clan
- Uesugi Akisada, (1454-1510), a samurai of the Uesugi clan
- Uesugi Harunori (1751-1822), a Japanese daimyo
- Uesugi Kagekatsu (1556-1623), a daimyō during the Sengoku and Edo periods of Japanese history
- Uesugi Kagenobu (?–1578), a samurai and relative of Uesugi Kenshin in the Sengoku period of Japan
- Uesugi Kagetora (1552-1579), the seventh son of Hōjō Ujiyasu and adopted son of Uesugi Kenshin
- Uesugi Kenshin (1530–1578), a daimyō who ruled Echigo province in the Sengoku period of Japan
- Uesugi Mochinori (1844-1919), a Japanese samurai of the late Edo period
- Uesugi Narinori, (1820-1889), a Japanese daimyo of the Edo period
- Uesugi Norimasa (1523-1579), a daimyō of feudal Japan
- Uesugi Norizane, (1410–1466), a Japanese samurai of the Uesugi clan
- Uesugi Tomooki, (1488-1537), a lord of Edo Castle and enemy of the Hōjō clan during the Sengoku period of Japan
- Uesugi Zenshū (unknown-1417), the chief advisor to Ashikaga Mochiuji, an enemy of the Ashikaga shogunate in feudal Japan
- Takashi Uesugi (b. 1968), a Japanese freelance journalist
- Teppei Uesugi (b.1985), a Japanese football (soccer) player for Thespa Kusatsu
- Takeo Uesugi (b.1940), a Japanese-American landscape architect known for his garden designs
Read more about this topic: Uesugi
Other articles related to "people":
... Further information List of people from Bitola Some notable people born in Bitola are Nikolce Noveski, footballer Karolina Gočeva, singer Hristijan Spirovski, pianist Janko Konstantinov, architect Igor ...
... for water rights, is one of the most well-known examples of the lengths people will go to in order to secure adequate water supplies ... been in crisis for quite some time because we're now 38 million people and not anymore 18 million people like we were in the late 60s ...
... of his death, Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh said "I appeal to people to remain calm and maintain law and order ... People came from across Maharashtra for his funeral including the party's strongholds of Thane, Raigad, Pune, Aurangabad and Konkan regions ... Police said that 200,000 people walked alongside the hearse and were later joined by others on the way to the cremation site ...
... The population density was 3,208.8 people per square mile (1,238.9/km²) ... The Census reported that 64,044 people (99.7% of the population) lived in households, 97 (0.2%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 93 (0.1%) were institutionalized ... The population was spread out with 15,792 people (24.6%) under the age of 18, 5,574 people (8.7%) aged 18 to 24, 13,848 people (21.6%) aged 25 to 44, 21,414 ...
Famous quotes containing the word people:
“I like old people when they have aged well. And old houses with an accumulation of sweet honest living in them are good. And the timelessness that only the passing of Time itself can give to objects both inside and outside the spirit is a continuing reassurance.”
—M.F.K. Fisher (19081992)
“A happy arrangement: many people prefer cats to other people, and many cats prefer people to other cats.”
—Mason Cooley (b. 1927)