Founded in 1643, Maison de Cire Trudon is notable as the oldest wax-producing factory worldwide. It was the provider of the royal court of Louis XIV, as well as most of the great churches of France.
Trudon had become the biggest wax-producing factory in the French Kingdom during the 17th and 18th century. In 1762, in his encyclopaedia The art of the wax producer, engineer Duhamel du Monceau, praises the skills of the Trudons and gives the manufacture as an example. Such a level of quality earned Charles Trudon the appointment by King Louis XIV as Earl Trudon des Ormes.
Other articles related to "trudon":
... Trudon in the Encyclopedia "Bibliothèque des sciences, et des beaux arts" (1754) Trudon in the book "Napoléon et son fils" (1929) ...