Many professional associations award trophies in recognition of outstanding work in their respective fields. Some examples of such awards include:
- Academy Award – Awarded by the American Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for excellence in the Film Industry.
- Collier Trophy – Awarded by the US National Aeronautics Association for outstanding work in aviation engineering.
- Harmon Trophy – Awarded by the Clifford B. Harmon Trust for outstanding achievement in aviation or ballooning.
- Tony Award – Awarded by the American Theatre Wing and The Broadway League for excellence in Live Theater in New York.
- Emmy Award – Awarded by the Academy_of_Television_Arts_&_Sciences and National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences for excellence in the Television industry.
Read more about this topic: Trophy
Other articles related to "professional awards, award, awards":
... Cross Award, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, 1999 Elected Fellow, Society for Adolescent Medicine, 1997-2006 Gallagher Lecturer, Society for Adolescent Medicine, 1997 Public Service Award ...
... Bookstore in Chilliwack - awarded in the Best of Awards by local newspaper The Chilliwack Progress ... Best Bookstore in Chilliwack - awarded in the Reader's Choice awards in local newspaper The Chilliwack Times ... in the Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Awards Store owner Amber Short was featured as one of the Forty Most Influential People Under 40 by local paper The ...
Famous quotes containing the word professional:
“Smoking ... is downright dangerous. Most people who smoke will eventually contract a fatal disease and die. But they dont brag about it, do they? Most people who ski, play professional football or drive race cars, will not dieat least not in the actand yet they are the ones with the glamorous images, the expensive equipment and the mythic proportions. Why this should be I cannot say, unless it is simply that the average American does not know a daredevil when he sees one.”
—Fran Lebowitz (b. 1950)