Politics and Law
- Thomas Phillips (MP for Hastings) (died 1626), MP for Hastings (UK Parliament constituency)
- Sir Thomas Phillips (mayor) (1801–1867), Welsh lawyer, politician and businessman, known as a mayor of Newport in Monmouthshire
- Thomas Wharton Phillips (1835–1912), Republican member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Pennsylvania
- Thomas Wharton Phillips, Jr. (1874–1956), Republican member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Pennsylvania
- Thomas Williams Phillips (1883–1966), British civil servant
- Thomas R. Phillips (born 1949), Chief Justice of the Texas Supreme Court
- Tom Phillips (diplomat), British ambassador to Israel then Saudi Arabia
- Tom Phillips (Kansas politician), Republican member of the Kansas House of Representatives
- Thomas W. Phillips (judge) (born 1943), federal judge to the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
Read more about this topic: Thomas Phillips (disambiguation)
Other articles related to "politics and law, law, laws":
... After the Draper incident, Sullivan began to work closely with Theodore Kirkpatrick of the anti-communist Counterattack newsletter ... Sullivan would check with Kirkpatrick if a potential guest had some "explaining to do" about his politics ...
... on Municipal Government that created New Jersey's Optional Municipal Charter Law, better known eponymously as the Faulkner Act ...
... Forms of corruption vary, but include bribery, extortion, cronyism, nepotism, patronage, graft, and embezzlement ... While corruption may facilitate criminal enterprise such as drug trafficking, money laundering, and trafficking, it is not restricted to these activities ...
... Japan has no laws against homosexual activity, and has some legal protections for gay individuals ... While civil rights laws do not extend to protection from discrimination based on sexual orientation, some governments have enacted such laws ... The government of Tokyo has passed laws that ban discrimination in employment based on sexual identity ...
Famous quotes containing the words law and/or politics:
“The world is nothing, the man is all; in yourself is the law of all nature, and you know not yet how a globule of sap ascends; in yourself slumbers the whole of Reason; it is for you to know all, it is for you to dare all.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“The will to change begins in the body not in the mind
My politics is in my body, accruing and expanding with every act of resistance and each of my failures.”
—Adrienne Rich (b. 1929)