Sulfur Dioxide - Safety - Ingestion

Ingestion

In the United States, the Center for Science in the Public Interest lists the two food preservatives, sulfur dioxide and sodium bisulfite, as being safe for human consumption except for certain individuals who may be sensitive to it, especially in large amounts.

Read more about this topic:  Sulfur Dioxide, Safety

Other articles related to "ingestion":

Strychnine Poisoning - Strychnine Toxicity in Animals
... poisoning in animals occurs usually from ingestion of baits designed for use against rodents (especially gophers and moles) and coyotes ... animal to be affected is the dog, either through accidental ingestion or intentional poisoning ... The onset of symptoms is 10 to 120 minutes after ingestion ...
White Phosphorus - Effects On People - Oral Ingestion
... is 1 mg per kg of body weight, although the ingestion of as little as 15 mg has resulted in death ... of individuals with a history of oral ingestion who have passed phosphorus-laden stool ("smoking stool syndrome") ...
AMPT - Pharmacokinetics
... by the body and absorbed well after oral ingestion making its bioavailability high ... plasma of 12-14 µg/mL after 1 to 3 hours of ingestion ... analysis also recovered 45 to 88 percent of unchanged AMPT after drug ingestion ...
Salvia Divinorum - Ingestion - Modern Methods - Using A Tincture
... When taken as a tincture the effects and duration are similar to other methods of oral ingestion, though they may be significantly more intense, depending ...
Ingestion - Foreign Objects
... Battery ingestion can cause medical problems including blocked airway, vomiting, irritability, persistent drooling, and rash (due to nickel metal allergy) ...