1881 To 1890
In July 1881, a Girls Upper School was started by Miss Snelleking in Soldier's Chapel. Miss Snelleking's school with 27 children was handed over to the Chaplain of Meerut in January 1882 and was named St. John's Girls Upper School. Two more branches of St. John's School were opened in April 1882 in a rented bunglow on Boundary Road belonging to Mr Becon. The schools were named St. John's Boys Upper School and St. John's Lower School respectively. All three schools catered for the children of middle and lower classes who could not afford to provide English medium education to their wards by sending them to expensive Hill Boarding schools.
Other articles related to "1881 to 1890, 1881":
... From 1881 to 1890, Christchurch North was represented by three MPs Election Winner 1881 election Henry Thomson (Independent) 1884 election Julius Vogel (Independent) 1887 ...