- Let be the standard presentation of the free abelian group of rank two. Then for the symmetrized closure of this presentation the only pieces are words of length 1. This symmetrized form satisfies the C(4)-T(4) small cancellation conditions and the C'(λ) condition for any 1 > λ > 1/4.
- Let, where k ≥ 2, be the standard presentation of the fundamental group of a closed orientable surface of genus k. Then for the symmetrization of this presentation the only pieces are words of length 1 and this symmetrization satisfies the C'(1/7) and C(8) small cancellation conditions.
- Let . Then, up to inversion, every piece for the symmetrized version of this presentation, has the form biabj or bi, where 0 ≤ i,j ≤ 100. This symmetrization satisfies the C'(1/20) small cancellation condition.
- If a symmetrized presentation satisfies the C'(1/m) condition then it also satisfies the C(m) condition.
- Let r ∈ F(X) be a nontrivial cyclically reduced word which is not a proper power in F(X) and let n ≥ 2. Then the symmetrized closure of the presentation satisfies the C(2n) and C'(1/n) small cancellation conditions.
Other articles related to "examples":
... Examples include the British Daring class, US Forrest Sherman-class, and the Soviet Kotlin-class destroyers ... Examples include the US FRAM I programme and the British Type 15 frigates converted from fleet destroyers ... Examples include the Soviet Kashin-class, the British County class, and the American Charles F ...
... Tatira has given a number of examples of proverbs used in advertising in Zimbabwe ... However, unlike the examples given above in English, all of which are anti-proverbs, Tatira's examples are standard proverbs ... proverbs above are meant to make a potential customer smile, in one of the Zimbabwean examples "both the content of the proverb and the fact that it is phrased as a proverb secure the idea of a secure time-honored ...
... though /oʊ/ as in toe (other examples dough) tough /ʌf/ as in cuff (other examples rough, enough) cough /ɒf/ as in off (other examples Gough (name, some pronunciations)) hiccough (a ...
Famous quotes containing the word examples:
“No rules exist, and examples are simply life-savers answering the appeals of rules making vain attempts to exist.”
—André Breton (18961966)
“It is hardly to be believed how spiritual reflections when mixed with a little physics can hold peoples attention and give them a livelier idea of God than do the often ill-applied examples of his wrath.”
—G.C. (Georg Christoph)
“In the examples that I here bring in of what I have [read], heard, done or said, I have refrained from daring to alter even the smallest and most indifferent circumstances. My conscience falsifies not an iota; for my knowledge I cannot answer.”
—Michel de Montaigne (15331592)