- Understanding of a typical threat and the usual risks to people and property.
- Understanding the incentives created both by the threat and the countermeasures.
- Understanding risk and threat analysis methodology and the benefits of an empirical study of the physical security of a facility.
- Understanding how to apply the methodology to buildings, critical infrastructure, ports, public transport and other facilities/compounds.
- Overview of common physical and technological methods of protection and understanding their roles in deterrence, detection and mitigation.
- Determining and prioritizing security needs and aligning them with the perceived threats and the available budget.
Other articles related to "physical":
... The province is composed largely of low and extremely rugged hills and small lowland areas ... It also has small and discontinuous areas along the coasts and its rivers are usually accompanied by alluvial plains and valleys ...
... Lingayen Gulf is the most notable body of water in the region and it contains a number of islands, including the Hundred Islands National Park ... To the north of the region is Luzon Strait ...
... it a human or animal depending upon the 'karma' or 'past deeds' done in the previous physical body/bodies or life/lives ... that purpose created various levels of physical form ... good karma and hence graduate to a high physical and mental form and finally join the ultimate BRAHMAN ...
... the world of spiritual beings and the world of physical creation ... angels, humans were spiritual beings, but unlike angels, human souls were "knotted" to a physical body ... As such, they were subject to passions and physical sensations—pain, hunger, thirst, sexual desire—just like other animals lower on the Chain of the Being ...
... In physics, natural units are physical units of measurement based only on universal physical constants ... of units is defined in such a way that some set of selected universal physical constants are each normalized to unity that is, their numerical values in terms of these units are exactly 1 ... omitted from mathematical expressions of physical laws ...
Famous quotes containing the word physical:
“Perhaps it is the lowest of the qualities of an orator, but it is, on so many occasions, of chief importance,a certain robust and radiant physical health; orshall I say?great volumes of animal heat.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“Nationality is the miracle of political independence; race is the principle of physical analogy.”
—Benjamin Disraeli (18041881)
“I have often been reproached with the aridity of my genius; a deficiency of imagination has been imputed to me as a crime; and the Pyrrhonism of my opinions has at all times rendered me notorious. Indeed, a strong relish for physical philosophy has, I fear, tinctured my mind with a very common error of this ageI mean the habit of referring occurrences, even the least susceptible of such reference, to the principles of that science.”
—Edgar Allan Poe (18091849)