Sankt Aldegund - Culture and Sightseeing - Buildings

Buildings

The following are listed buildings or sites in Rhineland-Palatinate’s Directory of Cultural Monuments:

  • Saint Bartholomew’s Old Catholic Parish Church (Alte Pfarrkirche St. Bartholomäus), Alte Kirchgasse 6a – west tower with Late Romanesque roof with four faces each of which is diamond-shaped, tower top and dormers Late Gothic; triaxial nave, essentially Gothic, conversion in the 18th century (1762/1763?); graveyard: eight grave crosses, 1728, 1766, 1783, 1811; grave cross with relief, 18th century; underneath the church a spring; whole complex with old graveyard (see also below)
  • Saint Aldegonde’s and Saint Bartholomew’s New Catholic Parish Church (Neue Pfarrkirche St. Aldegundis und Bartholomäus), Römerstraße 2 – Gothic Revival aisleless church with transept, slate quarrystone, 1864–1875; before the church a warriors’ memorial, semicircular layout with pylon
  • Village centre (Alte Kirchgasse 1/corner of Auf der Teusch, Alte Kirchgasse 2, 3, 5–9, old parish church, Auf der Teusch 1, 3, 8–10, 13, Brunnenstraße 1, 2, 4, 9, 10, 12–14, 16, Christophorusstraße 1–3, 6–14, Kapellenstraße 1–4, 6, 7/Zehnthausstraße 1, Kapellenstraße 8, 9 and beside no. 9, 10, 12, Moseluferstraße, Römerstraße 7–10, Zehnthausstraße 2, 4, 6) (monumental zone) – village centre around Alte Kirchgasse (“Old Church Lane”) with timber-frame houses from the 16th to 19th century, a few brick and plastered buildings from the 18th to early 20th century including the Old Town Hall (Altes Rathaus) and the old mediaeval parish church converted in the 18th century with the old graveyard
  • Alte Kirchgasse – wayside cross, marked 1656
  • Alte Kirchgasse 2 – timber-frame house, partly solid, plastered, 16th century; second half of house: three-floor timber-frame house, partly solid, marked 1619
  • Alte Kirchgasse 5 – former school (?); one-floor plastered building, apparently about 1500, mentioned in 1769
  • Alte Kirchgasse 7 – timber-frame house, partly solid or slated, 16th century; whole complex
  • Am Moselstausee 6 – timber-frame house, partly solid, balloon frame, possibly from the 16th century
  • Am Moselstausee 9 – Late Historicist brick building, Renaissance Revival motifs, marked 1896
  • Am Moselstausee 12 – Baroque portal, marked 1782
  • Am Moselstausee 13/14 – plastered building
  • Beside Am Moselstausee 14 – wine cellar; angled, quarrystone, marked 1892
  • Am Moselstausee 20 – building with hipped roof, 1920s
  • Am Moselstausee 30 – Art Nouveau portal
  • Auf der Teusch 1 – timber-frame house, partly solid, mansard roof, 18th century
  • Auf der Teusch 9 – three-floor timber-frame house, partly solid, plastered and roofed with Eternit, early 17th century
  • Auf der Teusch 10 – timber-frame house, partly solid, balloon frame, marked 1590; timber-frame barn, mansard roof, 18th century; whole complex
  • At Brunnenstraße 9 – one-floor plastered building
  • Brunnenstraße 10 – timber-frame house on high basement, earlier half of the 16th century, timber-frame bridge
  • Brunnenstraße 12 – timber-frame house, partly solid or plastered, marked 1659
  • Brunnenstraße 16 – timber-frame house, partly solid, half-hipped roof, marked 1618
  • Before Christophorusstraße 2 – two fountain basins, marked 1790
  • Christophorusstraße 2 – former town hall; three-floor timber-frame house, partly solid, apparently from 1848, likelier from late 19th century
  • Christophorusstraße 6 – building with mansard roof, 18th century
  • Christophorusstraße 7 – timber-frame house, partly solid, marked 1619
  • Christophorusstraße 8 – timber-frame house, partly solid, half-hipped roof, early 17th century
  • Christophorusstraße 9 – timber-frame house, partly solid, half-hipped roof, marked 1619
  • Christophorusstraße 10 – Christophorushaus; timber-frame house, partly solid, mansard roof, marked 1473, coat of arms marked 1765; three-floor side building with timber-frame oriel, figure of Saint Christopher, sculpted windowledge fields, marked 1710
  • Christophorusstraße 11 – timber-frame house, partly solid, mansard roof, marked 1752
  • Christophorusstraße 12 – timber-frame house, partly solid, plastered, essentially possibly from the mid 17th century
  • Christophorusstraße 13 – timber-frame house, partly solid, marked 1606
  • Christophorusstraße 14 – three-floor timber-frame house, partly solid, 18th century, timber-frame oriel possibly from the 20th century; addition, 19th century
  • Kapellenstraße 3 – timber-frame house on stone pedestal, essentially possibly from the 16th century
  • Kapellenstraße 6 – timber-frame house, partly solid or plastered, marked 1827 (possibly a conversion), essentially possibly from the 18th century
  • Kapellenstraße 7 – tithe house of Springiersbach Monastery; Baroque building with hipped mansard roof on high basement, marked 1780; whole complex with winepress house and garden
  • Kapellenstraße 10 – former threshing house; plastered building, mid 18th century
  • Klosterkammer Straße – chapel; open quarrystone building, marked 1599, walls renovated in 1959; Mother of God on the cloud band, 19th century
  • Klosterkammerstraße 6 – former library (?); plastered building, marked 1898
  • Klosterkammerstraße/corner of Römerstraße – pietà, 18th century
  • Römerstraße 8 – timber-frame house, partly solid, marked 1663
  • Römerstraße 9 – quarrystone building, mansard roof, Moselle local style, 1908
  • Römerstraße 10 – timber-frame house, partly solid, balloon frame, 16th century
  • Zehnthausstraße 1 – (see Kapellenstraße 7)
  • Zehnthausstraße 6 – timber-frame house, partly solid, mansard roof, marked 1774
  • Chapel, plastered building, pyramidal roof, 18th century; Saint Sebastian, 19th or 20th century

Read more about this topic:  Sankt Aldegund, Culture and Sightseeing

Other articles related to "buildings, building":

University Of Massachusetts Dartmouth - Architecture
... The buildings of the campus were designed by internationally renowned Modernist architect Paul Rudolph beginning in the early 1960s, to distinguish the campus from the outside world and ... The building architecture is similar to that of the Boston Government Service Center ... both the exterior and interior of each building of rough concrete (béton brut), an essential element of the style known as Brutalism, and he endowed buildings with large windows, with the ...
Dore Abbey - History
... the Lord of Ewyas Harold, possibly on the site of earlier wooden monastic buildings of which no traces remain ... Construction of buildings in local sandstone began around 1175, and continued through the time of the first three abbots, Adam (1186-c.1216), Adam II (c.1216-1236), and Stephen of Worcester (1236–1257) ... The new building was consecrated by Thomas de Cantilupe, Bishop of Hereford, in 1282, and was dedicated to the Holy Trinity and Saint Mary ...
Highbury - History - Residential Growth
... station and hotel that was damaged in this attack but its main building remained in use until demolished in the 1960s during the building of the Victoria line ... The original westbound platform buildings remain on the opposite side of Holloway Road, as does a small part of the original entrance to the left of the present station entrance ... A red plaque mounted on a building wall overlooking the roundabout, commemorates this event ...
Frankenmuth, Michigan - Architecture
... Most buildings in the commercial district, as well as many homes, feature stylistic interpretations of the timber-framed buildings found in the Franconia region of Germany ... use of timbers in "square" and "X" patterns on the outside of buildings, as well as the use of "X" patterns on windows, doors, and other building ... The concept of building with this unique Bavarian architecture came from an architect, Ed Beech, who was working for William "Tiny" Zehnder on a remodeling job of the Fischer Hotel ...

Famous quotes containing the word buildings:

    If the factory people outside the colleges live under the discipline of narrow means, the people inside live under almost every other kind of discipline except that of narrow means—from the fruity austerities of learning, through the iron rations of English gentlemanhood, down to the modest disadvantages of occupying cold stone buildings without central heating and having to cross two or three quadrangles to take a bath.
    Margaret Halsey (b. 1910)

    The American who has been confined, in his own country, to the sight of buildings designed after foreign models, is surprised on entering York Minster or St. Peter’s at Rome, by the feeling that these structures are imitations also,—faint copies of an invisible archetype.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803–1882)