- Military reserve, military units not initially committed to battle
- Military reserve forces, are units formed of military personnel making a long term commitment to train part-time and maintain military skills.
- Reserve components of the United States armed forces, "the Guard and Reserves"
- Primary Reserve component of the Canadian Forces
- War Reserve Stock, a collection of war fighting material held in reserve in pre-positioned storage to be used if needed in wartime
- Regular Army Reserve of Officers, British Army officers holding regular commissions who are in receipt of retired pay and are held on the strength of the Regular Army until they reach the age of fifty five. RARO officers retain their rank and commissions and are liable for recall to active duty as required by the Ministry of Defence.
Read more about this topic: Reserved
Other articles related to "military":
... the issue on the talk page LCD monitors have been adopted by the United States military, instead of CRT displays, because they are smaller, lighter and more efficient, although monochrome plasma displays are also ... military LCD monitor must be compliant with MIL-STD-3009 (formerly MIL-L-85762A) ... These LCD monitors go through extensive certification so that they pass the standards for the military ...
... In December 2009 an agreement on military assistance was signed by Turkey and Azerbaijan ... The agreement envisions Ankara’s supplying Azerbaijan with weapons, military equipment and, if necessary, soldiers in case war with Armenia over Karabakh resumes ... with infantry weapons, tactical vehicles (jeeps, trucks, etc.) professional training, military organization, technology transfer, licenced military hardware production ...
... group armies that comprise the Nanjing Military Region responsible for the defense of China's eastern coast and possible military engagement with Taiwan ...
... comprehensive approach to the politico-military dimension of security, which includes a number of commitments by participating States and mechanisms for conflict prevention and resolution ... The organization also seeks to enhance military security by promoting greater openness, transparency and co-operation ...
... In addition, there are 300,000 former service personnel who have had military service in the last 15 years ... Azerbaijan has signed numerous contracts to strengthen its armed forces and to train its military with Turkey's assistance ... Over the last 15 years, Azerbaijan has been preparing its military for possible action against Armenian forces in Nagorno-Karabakh ...
Famous quotes containing the word military:
“In politics, it seems, retreat is honorable if dictated by military considerations and shameful if even suggested for ethical reasons.”
—Mary McCarthy (19121989)
“The schoolmaster is abroad! And I trust to him armed with his primer against the soldier in full military array.”
—Jeremy Bentham (17481832)
“My faith is the grand drama of my life. Im a believer, so I sing words of God to those who have no faith. I give bird songs to those who dwell in cities and have never heard them, make rhythms for those who know only military marches or jazz, and paint colours for those who see none.”
—Olivier Messiaen (19081992)