Rafi is a male name used by Muslims, Jews and Christians of Armenian origin . The word Rafi is of Arabic origin, and its meaning is "holding high" or "servant of the exalted one". Common variants include "Rafee", "Rafie", "Raffi", Rafiq, "Rafay" and "Raffy". Amongst Jews, Rafi is a common nickname for people called Rafael. Rafi could refer to:
- Abu al-Rafi ibn Abu al-Huqayq, a chieftain of Jewish tribes
- Mirza Rafi Sauda, an Urdu language poet
- Mohammed Rafi, an Indian playback singer
- Muhammad Rafi Usmani, Grand Mufti of Pakistan
- Rafi Ahmed Kidwai, an Indian politician
- Rafi Amit, a poker player from Israel
- Rafael ('Rafi') Eitan, an Israeli leader
- Rafi Escudero, a musician, singer, and poet from Puerto Rico
- Rafi Gavron, a British actor
- Rafi Izbicki, an Israel Defense Forces spokesperson
- Rafi Khawar, a Pakistani actor
- Rafi Manoukian, a former member of the city council in Glendale, California
- Rafi Pitts, an Iranian film director
- Rafi Ud-Daulat, a Mughal emperor
- Rafi Ul-Darjat, the tenth Mughal emperor
- Rafiuddin Raz, Pakistani poet
- Rafi Yoeli, Israeli inventor
- Rafi Zabor, a musician-turned novelist
- Sultan Rafi Sharif Bey, a pioneer in the development of Islamic culture in the United States
- Rafi Mecartin, a director duo in Malayalam films
Rafi can also refer to:
- Rafi (political party), a political party in Israel during the 1960s
- Rafi, Iran, a city in Khuzestan Province
- Rafi, Abadan, a village in Khuzestan Province
- Rafi, Nigeria, a Local Government Area of Niger State
Other articles related to "rafi":
... Singer(s) 1 "Aaj Gaalo Mushkralo" Mohammed Rafi 2 "Bol Mere Sathiya" Mohammed Rafi, Lata Mangeshkar 3 "Mere Mehboob" Manhar Udhas, Mala Sinha 4 "Shyamji Ke Dwaar Pe" Mahendra Kapoor ...
... Safar (Male)" Mukesh 2 "Sari Khushiyan Hain" Mohammed Rafi 3 "Tim Tim Chamke Re Tara" Lata Mangeshkar 4 "Paise Ka Kya Yakeen" Mohammed Rafi 5 "Suhana Safar (Female)" Suman Kalyanpur 6 "Chudiyan Bazar ...
... Title Singer(s) 1 "Rut Beqarar Hai" Mohammed Rafi, Lata Mangeshkar 2 "Apne Nainon Ko Samjha Le" Mohammed Rafi, Lata Mangeshkar 3 "Baat Yeh Anokhi" Lata Mangeshkar 4 ...
... Sami Rafi is an Afghan singer, composer, poet and painter of Tajik ethnicity from Afghanistan ... Sami Rafi was born in Kabul into a highly erudite family with his father Rahimdâd Khan Safi having served the following posts Mayor, Government Viceroy and Attorney in the provinces of Qalat, Kandahar, Herat and ... Rafi, besides studying the prose and poetry of Persian mystics and philosophers, displayed great interest in those teachings and scholarly meetings, and assumed, even as a ...