Engines On Display
Some museums which have Wasp Junior engines on display:
- The National Air and Space Museum's Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center near Washington Dulles International Airport in Virginia. (This engine has been sectioned and motorized for display.)
- EAA AirVenture Museum in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
- Hill Aerospace Museum near Ogden, Utah.
- Museum of Flight in Seattle, Washington.
- National Museum of Naval Aviation near Pensacola, Florida.
- National Museum of the United States Air Force near Dayton, Ohio.
- New England Air Museum in Windsor Locks, Connecticut.
- Pima Air & Space Museum in Tucson, Arizona.
- Southern Museum of Flight in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Strategic Air and Space Museum (formerly the Strategic Air Command Museum) near Ashland, Nebraska.
- Canada Aviation and Space Museum in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- Royal Air Force Museum Cosford, near Wolverhampton, United Kingdom.
- Queensland Air Museum in Caloundra, Queensland, Australia.
- Cincinnati State
- South African Air Force Museum, A.F.B. Ysterplaat, Cape Town (Wasp Junior B4).
Read more about this topic: Pratt & Whitney R-985 Wasp Junior
Other articles related to "engines, engine, engines on display":
... The Kent engines used in the Cortina (popularly known as the "Crossflow"), being lightweight, reliable and inexpensive, were popular with several low-volume sports car manufacturers, including Morgan who ... The engines are also found in a number of British kit cars, and until recently was the basis of Formula Ford racing, until replaced by the "Zetec" engine ... The Kent engines were also used in several smaller Fords, most notably the Escort, lower end Capris and Fiesta ...
... The museum possesses a number of aero engines located throughout the halls ... Alvis Leonides Armstrong Siddeley Cheetah Bristol Centaurus Bristol Mercury Bristol Siddeley BS100 Clerget 9B Bristol Siddeley Pegasus de Havilland Gipsy Major de Havilland Gipsy Queen Rolls-Royce Avon Rolls-Royce Nene Rolls-Royce Merlin Rolls-Royce/Snecma Olympus 593 Sunbeam Gurkha Wright R-1820 ...
... Zuula is a metasearch engine that provides search results from a number of different search engines ... Results are available from major search engines, such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing, and smaller engines, such as Gigablast and Mojeek ...
... and 16-valve fuel-injected (110 kW/150 bhp C20XE) four-cylinder redtop petrol engines ... In 1992 a turbocharged 2.0 litre engine (150 kW/204 bhp)(a C20LET, the turbocharged version of the C20XE) was added to the range ... the introduction of the X20XEV Ecotec engine, a new version of the classic C20XE 16-valve or "red top" engine ...
Famous quotes containing the words display and/or engines:
“We rarely quote nowadays to appeal to authority ... though we quote sometimes to display our sapience and erudition. Some authors we quote against. Some we quote not at all, offering them our scrupulous avoidance, and so make them part of our white mythology. Other authors we constantly invoke, chanting their names in cerebral rituals of propitiation or ancestor worship.”
—Ihab Hassan (b. 1925)
“America is like one of those old-fashioned six-cylinder truck engines that can be missing two sparkplugs and have a broken flywheel and have a crankshaft thats 5000 millimeters off fitting properly, and two bad ball-bearings, and still runs. Were in that kind of situation. We can have substantial parts of the population committing suicide, and still run and look fairly good.”
—Thomas McGuane (b. 1939)