At the Man of Earth level, there are three levels of Local Body, which are Camps, Oases, and Lodges.
- Camps tend to be the smallest and are not required to perform initiations. They are encouraged to celebrate the Gnostic Mass.
- Oases must be capable of initiating through the III° and are required to perform the Gnostic Mass six times yearly.
- Lodges are expected to celebrate the Gnostic Mass on a regular basis, work towards establishing a permanent temple, and have the ability to initiate through IV°/P.I.
- Chapters of Rose Croix are bodies established by members of the Lover Grade. A Chapter is headed by a Most Wise Sovereign. They are generally charged with arranging social activities, such as plays, banquets, and dances. They also work to promote harmony among the members by tact and friendliness.
- Guilds are groups recognized by O.T.O. International designed to promote a profession, trade, science or craft. Subject to approval by the Areopagus, they make their own regulations and coordinate their own efforts. There are currently three Guilds: the Psychology Guild, the Translators' Guild, and the Information Technology Guild.
- The term Sanctuary is sometimes used to indicate a group of initiates organized for E.G.C. activities. This designation currently reflects no formal chartering process or official standing within the Order.
Famous quotes containing the word bodies:
“So, while their bodies moulder here
Their souls with God himself shall dwell,
But always recollect, my dear,
That wicked people go to hell.”
—Ann Taylor (17821866)