- Atikokan (211 MW coal)
- Lambton (950 MW coal)
- Nanticoke (2,760 MW coal) – The largest coal-fired power plant in North America.
- Thunder Bay (303 MW coal) – Thunder Bay, Ontario
- Lennox (2,140 MW oil/natural gas)
- Lakeview Generating Station – demolished (2,400 MW coal) – Mississauga, Ontario
- Wesleyville (Mothballed/Never Completed), land purchased in the early-1960's was to have been an oil-fired plant.
- Hearn Generating Station – gutted, structure remains (1,200 MW coal) – Toronto, Ontario
- Brighton Beach Generating Station (580 MW natural gas), Jointly owned by OPG and ATCO Power Ltd. Operated by Coral Energy Canada Inc.
- Portlands Energy Centre (638 MW natural gas), Jointly owned by OPG and TransCanada Energy. First transmission of power June 2008.
Other articles related to "fossil fuel, fossil, fossil fuels, fuels":
... All new buildings, developments and major renovations be designed to meet a fossil fuel, greenhouse gas (GHG) emitting, energy consumption performance standard of 50% of the regional (or country ... building area equal to that of new construction be renovated annually to meet a fossil fuel, greenhouse gas (GHG) emitting, energy consumption performance ... The fossil fuel reduction standard for all new buildings be increased to 60% in 2010 70% in 2015 80% in 2020 90% in 2025 Carbon-neutral by 2030 (zero fossil-fuel, GHG ...
... is the process of capturing waste carbon dioxide (CO2) from large point sources, such as fossil fuel power plants, transporting it to a storage site, and ... The aim is to prevent the release of large quantities of CO2 into the atmosphere (from fossil fuel use in power generation and other industries) ... It is a potential means of mitigating the contribution of fossil fuel emissions to global warming and ocean acidification ...
... Fossil fuels or mineral fuels are fossil source fuels, that is, hydrocarbons found within the top layer of the Earth’s crust ...
... private cars, uses more than a quarter of the world's supply of fossil fuels ... more than 90% of greenhouse gas emissions come from the combustion of fossil fuels ... Combustion of fossil fuels also produces other air pollutants, such as nitrogen oxides, sulfur dioxide, volatile organic compounds and heavy metals ...
Famous quotes containing the words fuel and/or fossil:
“It is now many years that men have resorted to the forest for fuel and the materials of the arts: the New Englander and the New Hollander, the Parisian and the Celt, the farmer and Robin Hood, Goody Blake and Harry Gill; in most parts of the world, the prince and the peasant, the scholar and the savage, equally require still a few sticks from the forest to warm them and cook their food. Neither could I do without them.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“The earth is not a mere fragment of dead history, stratum upon stratum like the leaves of a book, to be studied by geologists and antiquaries chiefly, but living poetry like the leaves of a tree, which precede flowers and fruit,not a fossil earth, but a living earth; compared with whose great central life all animal and vegetable life is merely parasitic.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)