- Founded in Philadelphia in 1901 when the A.L. became a Major League. Moved to Kansas City in 1955 and to Oakland in 1968.
- Current uniform colors: green, gold and white: 1963–present, Only MLB team that wears white cleats
- Previous uniform colors: blue and white: 1901–04, 1909–49, 1951–53, 1961; blue, red and white: 1905–08, 1954–60, 1962; Blue, gold and white: 1950,
- Logo design: A blackletter "A's". The team also uses an elephant logo.
- Team motto: Green Collar Baseball
- Playoff appearances (24): 1905, 1910, 1911, 1913, 1914, 1929, 1930, 1931, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1981, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2006, 2012
- Local television: CSN California
- Local radio: KGMZ
- Mascot: Stomper
- Spring-training facility: Phoenix Municipal Stadium, Phoenix, AZ
The spring-training facility in Phoenix, Arizona, has been the home of the Oakland A's since 1982. Previous spring-training sites since they moved to Oakland in 1968 were Yuma, Arizona, and Las Vegas, Nevada, both in the 1970s.
Read more about this topic: Oakland Athletics
Other articles related to "quick facts":
... Art The Art Program is designed to develop the student’s creativity and ability through many hands-on activities ... Since art takes on many different forms and ideas, students are constantly increasing their imagination and skills ...
Famous quotes containing the words facts and/or quick:
“Now what I want is facts. Teach these boys and girls nothing but facts. Facts alone are wanted in life. Plant nothing else and root out everything else. You can only form the minds of reasoning animals upon Facts: nothing else will ever be of any service to them.”
—Charles Dickens (18121870)
“How quick come the reasons for approving what we like!”
—Jane Austen (17751817)