These are examples of New Pedestrianism-style pedestrian villages that represent the various types:
- Venice, California - Walking streets with and without canals, and a car-free promenade, circa 1910.
- San Antonio River Walk, Texas - Car-free promenade, 1920s.
- Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium - Pedestrian Village with parking hidden below, 1969.
- Garden Village in Austin, Texas, USA - Proposed infill Pedestrian Village to replace former site of Mueller airport.
- Downtown DeLand, Florida, USA - (Historic Garden District)- Infill retrofit of existing neighborhood, 2001-2007.
- Kisima Kaya, Kenya - New town proposed near Nairobi, Kenya, in 2006.
- Tiger Bay Village, Florida, USA - Proposed, nearly-car-free Pedestrian Village as a solution to homelessness, 2007.
- Mackinac Island, Michigan, USA - While not created with the specific idea of New Pedestrianism in mind, the island has 523 permanent residents and attracts hundreds of thousands of tourists per year. Except for service and emergency vehicles no motorized vehicles have been allowed on the island since the end of the 1800s.
Read more about this topic: New Pedestrianism
Other articles related to "examples":
... Tatira has given a number of examples of proverbs used in advertising in Zimbabwe ... However, unlike the examples given above in English, all of which are anti-proverbs, Tatira's examples are standard proverbs ... to make a potential customer smile, in one of the Zimbabwean examples "both the content of the proverb and the fact that it is phrased as a proverb secure the idea of a secure time-honored relationship ...
... though /oʊ/ as in toe (other examples dough) tough /ʌf/ as in cuff (other examples rough, enough) cough /ɒf/ as in off (other examples Gough (name, some pronunciations ...
Famous quotes containing the word examples:
“No rules exist, and examples are simply life-savers answering the appeals of rules making vain attempts to exist.”
—André Breton (18961966)
“It is hardly to be believed how spiritual reflections when mixed with a little physics can hold peoples attention and give them a livelier idea of God than do the often ill-applied examples of his wrath.”
—G.C. (Georg Christoph)
“There are many examples of women that have excelled in learning, and even in war, but this is no reason we should bring em all up to Latin and Greek or else military discipline, instead of needle-work and housewifry.”
—Bernard Mandeville (16701733)