To provide individualized support to its students, NSOU has large number of Study Centres throughout West Bengal.
NSOU uses a variety of methods for distance learning:
1. Self Instructional Material: Self instructional study materials are distributed to the students through the Study Centres.
2. Audio-Video CD: Audio and video cassettes of a specific programme are supplied to the Study Centres. The audiotapes are run and video cassettes are screened at the Study Centres.
3. Personal Contact Programme: Instruction are imparted through self-instructional study materials and Personal Contact Programme. The Personal Contact Programme is generally held on Saturdays and Sundays.
4. Gyan Vani FM Channel: NSOU started the Gyan Vani FM, Kolkata, a radio channel on 105.4 MHz.
5. Interactive Radio Counselling: The University broadcasts different subjects on 4th Sunday of every month through All India Radio (AIR) at Kolkata B. Apart from the regular classes various topics on Awareness Programme; Support Services Special Programme of National importances are also broadcast.
Read more about this topic: Netaji Subhas Open University
Other articles related to "teaching methods, teaching, methods":
... Team teaching Faculty members do not have individual offices ... learning styles, and students become familiar with teachers' styles of teaching ... Another benefit is that the teachers, by teaching at a different grade level each year, will not become "burned out" by sheer repetition ...
... Skylace educates children using fun and innovative methods, such as using games that encourage movement and other popular games modified to educate the ...
... aligned with more developmentally inappropriate "watered-down" early elementary teaching methods, administrators and policy-makers see at as way to integrate kindergarten under the ... The comment above about early elementary teaching methods being "inappropriate" and "watered-down" needs some serious citations ... attainable by using "inappropriate" and "watered-down" teaching methods ...
... the success of the constructivist problem-based and inquiry learning methods ... This study also found that inquiry-based teaching methods greatly reduced the achievement gap for African-American students. 2004) compared three instructional methods for third-grade reading a traditional approach, a strategies instruction only approach, and an approach with strategies instruction and constructivist motivation ...
Famous quotes containing the words methods and/or teaching:
“I conceive that the leading characteristic of the nineteenth century has been the rapid growth of the scientific spirit, the consequent application of scientific methods of investigation to all the problems with which the human mind is occupied, and the correlative rejection of traditional beliefs which have proved their incompetence to bear such investigation.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley (182595)
“The basis of world peace is the teaching which runs through almost all the great religions of the world. Love thy neighbor as thyself. Christ, some of the other great Jewish teachers, Buddha, all preached it. Their followers forgot it. What is the trouble between capital and labor, what is the trouble in many of our communities, but rather a universal forgetting that this teaching is one of our first obligations.”
—Eleanor Roosevelt (18841962)