|System||Bangkok Metro (MRT)|
|Status||18 stations built and extension of 21 stations is under construction.|
|Line length||27 km (16.78 mi)|
|Electrification||750V DC Third Rail|
Various expansion plans of the Metro have been proposed. As of 2011, the MRT Purple Line and the two extension lines of the blue line are also under construction. It is planned that, eventually, the combined route distance of the Metro alone will total 91 km with 3 Metro lines covering all of the major areas of Bangkok. The Blue line, once completely extended, will form a lariat-shaped loop encircling the city.
Extension of the blue line can be summarised as follows:
- Blue Line extension:
- Bang Sue – Bang Phlat – Tha Phra (under construction operational in 2015). It starts from Bang Sue Station, passing along Pracharat Sai 2 Road. It crosses Chao Phraya River and turns left along Charansanitwong Road until it reaches Tha Phra at Petch Kasem and Charansanitwong intersection. The length is 13.1 km with 7 elevated stations.
- Hua Lamphong – Tha Phra – Bang Khae (under construction operational in 2015). From Hua Lamphong Station it goes along Charoen Krung Road, passes Wat Mangkon Kamalawat Station, Wang Burapha Station, and then turns left at Wat Pho before crossing under the Chao Phraya River at Pak Khlong Talart. Passing through Bangkok Yai, it finally enters Petch Kasem Road and ends at Bang Khae. The 4 underground stations end at Tha Phra before turning to be elevated for 6 stations. The length is 13. 9 km. with 8.9 km elevated station and 4.8 km underground stations.
- Purple Line: Bang Yai – Sam Sen – Rat Burana (40 km)
- Taopoon - Bang Yai northern section (under construction since 2010 operational in 2014 - 6 months delayed opening due to late 2011 floods).
- Taopoon - Kiak Kai extension (serving the new parliament complex; planned).
- Kiak Kai - Wang Burapha section (underground; planned).
- Wang Burapha - Rat Burana southern section (underground / elevated; planned).
- Orange Line: Bang Kapi – Dindaeng – Taling Chan (37.5 km, Change from Bang Kapi – Sam Sen – Bang Bamru)
Other expansion plans for the metro include:
- Yellow Line: Lat Phrao – Sri Nagarindra – Samut Prakan
- Pink Line:Saen Saep (Monorail)– Ram-Inthra Rd. – Chaeng Watthana Road – Tiwanon-Ngamwongwan Road intersection. (35 km).
that these plans do not include the extension proposed for the BTS Skytrain, SRT Red Lines and airport link which is under the control of Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) and State Railway of Thailand.
As per the BMCL's annual report, earning of profit from operation is still far away and BMCL is still subsidized by main share holder which is CH Karnchang.
Read more about this topic: MRT (Bangkok)
Other articles related to "plans, expansion, expansion plans, plan":
... These plans never came to fruition, with the two clubs now exploring extending the Valley End of the stadium instead ... In whichever form it was to take, expansion was definitely on the cards as Wasps signed an agreement that extends their stay in South Buckinghamshire by another two ... Wycombe District Council also outlined long-term plans for the regeneration of the Abbey Barn area of the town which include a possible 20,000 capacity stadium near the current ...
... During the fall semester of 2012 a number of administrative employees were laid off as a result of downsizing policy in the public sector ... The main administrative body issued an official statement of protest ...
... CSU recently unveiled a long-term plan to make the campus more amenable to residence and increase the number of students living on campus by building ... buildings for the Colleges of Graduate Studies and Education there are longer-term plans to create a "Varsity Village" incorporating athletic fields and student housing into a green, residential area ... In 2009, Cleveland State University announced their plan to begin work on $65 million construction project, this project will transform the campus from a ...
... Arabtec Construction has announced plans to expand into the emerging markets of the Middle East and North Africa (MENA region) ... Plans are set to enter Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Libya, and Turkmenistan ...
... It is unknown when and if these will be built, but nonetheless plans do exist for them Name Opened Municipality District Lines Fare Zone Connections Guadaíra Seville Cerro-Amate Plaza de Armas ...
Famous quotes containing the words plans and/or expansion:
“Man you ought to see his plans for allsteel buildins. Hes got an idea the skyscraper of the futurell be built of steel and glass. Weve been experimenting with vitrous tile recently... crist-amighty some of his plans would knock you out... Hes got a great sayin about some Roman emperor who found Rome of brick and left it of marble. Well he says hes found New York of brick an that hes goin to leave it of steel... steel an glass.”
—John Dos Passos (18961970)
“Artistic genius is an expansion of monkey imitativeness.”
—W. Winwood Reade (18381875)