Selected Stage Roles
- Macbeth – Lady Macbeth (1955; Off-Broadway, Jan Hus Theatre, NYC)
- A Midsummer Night's Dream – Titania, (1956; Jan Hus Theatre, NYC)
- Romeo and Juliet – Lady Capulet (1956; Jan Hus Theatre, NYC)
- Julius Caesar – Portia (1957; Jan Hus Theatre, NYC)
- Back to Methuselah – Lilith (1958; Ambassador Theatre and national tour)
- Sweet Bird of Youth – Understudy for Princess Kosmonopolis (1959–60; Martin Beck Theatre)
- Camelot – Morgan Le Fey (1960–63)
- A Case of Libel – Anita Corcoran (1963–64; Longacre Theatre)
- The Right Honourable Gentleman – Mrs. Emilia Pattison (1965–66; Billy Rose Theatre, nominated for the Tony Award for Best Play)
- The Sound of Music – Elsa Schraeder (1967; City Center Theatre)
- Heartbreak House – Hesione Hushabye (1967; Arena Stage, Washington, DC)
- Everything in the Garden – Louise (1967–68; Plymouth Theatre)
- Tiger at the Gates – Andromache (1968; Vivian Beaumont Theater)
- Dear World – Countess Aurelia (1969; Mark Hellinger Theatre)
- Not Now, Darling – Maude Bodley (1970; Brooks Atkinson Theatre)
- Ambassador – Amelia Newsome (1972; Lunt-Fontanne Theatre)
- The Night of the Iguana – Frau Fahrenkopf (1985; Morris Mechanic Theatre, Baltimore, MD)
- A Little Night Music – Madame Armfeldt (2001; Goodspeed Musicals)
- Me and My Girl - Maria, Duchess of Dene (2003; Goodspeed Musicals)
Read more about this topic: M'el Dowd
Other articles related to "stage, stages":
... In the first type of stage, Zeke moves and jumps along a rectangular perimeter surrounding a cage in the center of the screen, which is unlocked and thus allowing animals ... animals are also breaking the wall from the inside as they try to escape, so the stage is a constant fight between Zeke and the animals to build up and tear down ... The first two main stages begin with a thin wall already in place, but after that the wall must be built from scratch ...
... in the following order An introduction screen (showing how to play the main stages of the game) ... Main Stage #1 Elephants only, with Root Beer bonus items ... Main Stage #2 Snakes added, with Four-leaf Clover bonus items ...
... Wind in the Willows (UK National Tour) by Ian Billings The Wind in the Willows Two stage adaptations - a full musical adaptation and a small-scale, shorter, stage play version - by ...
... and Selma Kurz, and recruited a stage designer who replaced the lavish historical stage decors with sparse stage scenery corresponding to modernistic, Jugendstil ...
Famous quotes containing the words roles, selected and/or stage:
“A concern with parenting...must direct attention beyond behavior. This is because parenting is not simply a set of behaviors, but participation in an interpersonal, diffuse, affective relationship. Parenting is an eminently psychological role in a way that many other roles and activities are not.”
—Nancy Chodorow (20th century)
“She was so overcome by the splendor of his achievement that she took him into the closet and selected a choice apple and delivered it to him, along with an improving lecture upon the added value and flavor a treat took to itself when it came without sin through virtuous effort. And while she closed with a Scriptural flourish, he hooked a doughnut.”
—Mark Twain [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] (18351910)
“At a stage when young people want more than anything to be like everyone else, they find themselves the least alike. Everyone their age is growing and changing, but each at his or her own pace.”
—Laurence Steinberg (20th century)