- Donnie Ray Albert - Grammy Award-winning opera performer (Porgy and Bess)
- Jason Banks - Pro football player for the Arizona Cardinals
- Hubert 'Rap' Brown - Prominent radical leader of the 1960s - author of Die Nigger Die!. Attended McKinley.
- Isiah Carey- Emmy award-winning television journalist with KRIV Houston
- Don Chaney - Former NBA great (Boston Celtics) and former head coach of New York Knicks, Houston Rockets, and Detroit Pistons
- Lil Boosie- Local Rapper. Attended McKinley.
- Joseph Delpit - First Black councilman to serve the City of Baton Rouge
- Cleo Fields- Louisiana State Senator and former United States Congressman
- Tommy Green - Former NBA player and former collegiate head basketball coach (Southern University)
- Hon. John Michael Guidry - Louisiana State Appellate Court Judge
- Buddy Guy -- Legendary five-time Grammy Award winning blues guitarist whom Eric Clapton and many music critics have called the greatest blues guitarist alive.
- Lars Kestner - Author
- Chris Thomas King - Grammy award-winning blues artist and actor (O Brother Where Art Thou?)
- Chenese Lewis- Actress & plus-size model
- Ethan Martin—former All-Southeastern Conference and All-America basketball point guard at LSU.
- Calvin Nicholas- Former wide receiver for San Francisco 49ers
- Theresa Rice Love - Educator, Scholar, Professor (University of Southern Illinois)
- Eddie G. Robinson- Hall of Fame former Grambling State University Football Coach
- Keith Smart- Former Indiana basketball player, one-time head coach of Cleveland Cavaliers, and head coach for the Golden State Warriors
- Rev. Dr. Charles T. Smith, Member of Board of Directors of the National Baptist Convention, influential pastor, and community leader.
- Dr. Dolores Richard Spikes - Educator and first woman to head a University system in U. S. (Southern University System in Louisiana)
- Rev. Dr. Gardner C. Taylor—Pastor Emeritus of famous Concord Baptist Church in Brooklyn, NY. Noted theologian, scholar, and teacher (Harvard and Yale), recipient of Presidential Medal of Freedom. Named America's Greatest Black Preacher (Ebony Magazine Poll, 1993)
- Johnny Thomas - Head track and field coach at Southern University; inducted to SWAC Conference sports hall of fame.
- Tyrus Thomas- Former LSU basketball player, now playing for the Charlotte Bobcats
- Nemiah Wilson—Former All-pro defensive back and kick returner with Denver Broncos and Oakland Raiders 1965-75
- Michael Wesley Ham - Educator at the International center of Photography and The New York City School of Technology, internationally exhibited artist.
Read more about this topic: Mc Kinley Senior High School
Other articles related to "notable alumni, alumni":
... Institute of New York University has more than 44,000 alumni throughout the United States and in 55 countries around the world ... NYU-Poly's alumni include inventors, scientists, business leaders, entrepreneurs, politicians, country presidents, university presidents and academic leaders among others ... of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), are alumni ...
Famous quotes containing the word notable:
“a notable prince that was called King John;
And he ruled England with main and with might,
For he did great wrong, and maintained little right.”
—Unknown. King John and the Abbot of Canterbury (l. 24)