Malinowski is a Polish surname. It may refer to the following:
- Bronisław Malinowski (1884–1942), a Polish anthropologist.
- Bronisław Malinowski (athlete) (1951–1981), a Polish athlete.
- Donald Malinowski (politician) (1924–2003), a Catholic priest and politician.
- Donald Malinowski (soccer), a retired American soccer goalkeeper.
- Ernest Malinowski (1818–1899), a Polish engineer.
- Jay Malinowski (b. 1982), the vocalist and guitarist for the Canadian reggae group Bedouin Soundclash.
- Lucjan Malinowski (1839–1898), a Polish linguist and a professor at Jagiellonian University.
- Ludwik Malinowski (1887–1962), a Polish Resistance fighter.
- Marcin Malinowski (b. 1975), a Polish professional footballer who currently plays as a midfielder.
- Merlin Malinowski (b. 1958), a retired Canadian Professional Hockey Right Winger.
- Piotr Malinowski (b. 1984), a Polish footballer (forward, midfield).
- Stan Malinowski (b. 1936), an American photographer known for his fashion photography.
- Władysław Pobóg-Malinowski (1899–1962), a Polish soldier, historian and journalist.
- Paul Malinowski (1994-Present), a Polish valedictorian at Adolfo Camarillo High School.
- The Bronislaw Malinowski Award, given by the Society for Applied Anthropology (SfAA) in honour of Bronisław Malinowski (1884–1942), an original member and strong supporter of the Society.
Other articles related to "malinowski":
... William Smith, the anthropologist Bronisław Malinowski argued in his essay Myth in Primitive Psychology (1926) that myths function as fictitious accounts of the origin of rituals ...
... Stan Malinowski, full name Stanley Edward Malinowski, Jr ... (born 2 November 1936 in Chicago, IL) is an American photographer known for his fashion photography ...
... Malinowski is an only child to Regina Grajewska (who returned to her maiden name after divorce) and Stanley Malinowski, Sr ... and a month later walked away with my first assignment." Malinowski would move on to Penthouse where he worked with Anna Wintour ... Malinowski has traveled all over the world and worked with some of the biggest names in modeling including Christie Brinkley, Cindy Crawford, and Gia Carangi ...
... There she met with Bronisław Malinowski once again, her mentor at the London School of Economics ... Kaberry and Malinowski shared an interest in culture contact and its consequences ... Both agreed to write a book together on the subject, however Malinowski died before it was finished ...
Famous quotes containing the word malinowski:
“Magic is akin to science in that it always has a definite aim intimately associated with human instincts, needs, and pursuits. The magic art is directed towards the attainment of practical aims. Like other arts and crafts, it is also governed by a theory, by a system of principles which dictate the manner in which the act has to be performed in order to be effective.”
—Bronislaw Malinowski (19841942)