In TV Series
- The most recognized episode of 24 has a nuclear bomb heading to L.A.
- Popular CBS show Numb3rs was set in Los Angeles and followed FBI Special Agent Don Eppes and his mathematical genius brother, Charlie Eppes, who helps Don solve crimes for the FBI.
- Angel (TV series) was set in Los Angeles and frequently drew parallels between the monsters that Angel and his colleagues hunted, and the Los Angeles inhabitants and culture.
- L.A. is the prime location in Oxygen's hit series, The Bad Girls Club.
- The Beverly Hillbillies is an American television series about a hillbilly family transplanted to Beverly Hills, California after finding crude oil on their land.
- Beverly Hills, 90210 (which aired October 4, 1990 to May 17, 2000) was a popular teen drama set in Beverly Hills. The show spawned several spinoffs, most of whose titles indicated the L.A. neighborhoods in which they were set:
- Melrose Place (1992 TV series) (which aired from July 8, 1992, to May 24, 1999), centers around residents of an apartment complex located on Melrose Place, in West Hollywood, Los Angeles
- Models Inc. (which aired from June 29, 1994 to March 6, 1995) centered around a modeling agency located in Los Angeles
- 90201 (which premiered on September 2, 2008), centers around the lives of high school students who attend Beverly Hills High School
- Melrose Place (2009 TV series) (which aired from September 8, 2009 to April 13, 2010), in updated take on the original, eponymous 1992 series
- City of Angels centered around the lives of the medics at Angels of Mercy Hospital in Los Angeles.
- The action of Californication, featuring David Duchovny, takes place in Los Angeles.
- Entourage (TV series) (which aired from July 18, 2004 to September 11, 2011) is an American comedy-drama television series that chronicles the acting career of Vincent Chase (Adrian Grenier), a young A-list movie star, and his childhood friends from Queens, New York City, as they navigate the unfamiliar terrain of Los Angeles, California. Its premise is loosely based on Mark Wahlberg's experiences as an up-and-coming film star, and the series deals with themes of male friendship and real-life situations in modern-day Hollywood.
- Law & Order: LA (September 29, 2010–July 11, 2011), originally titled Law & Order: Los Angeles, was the first American Law & Order series set outside of New York City. As with the original series, the first half hour of the show focused on the police investigation of a crime discovered in the cold open; the second half took place at the Los Angeles District Attorney's office and focused on the prosecution of the criminal suspect(s).
- In L.A. Law, a famous American television legal drama that ran from 1986 to 1994, the LAPD always patrolled and negotiated around Los Angeles.
- Nip/Tuck was set in Miami, Florida but filmed in Los Angeles. You can notice it by seeing some of the buildings in L.A..
- The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills follows the lives of upper-class residents of one of America's most exclusive communities.
- The Real World: Los Angeles is the second season of MTV's popular reality television series The Real World, which focuses on a group of seven diverse strangers living together for several months, as the cameras follow their lives and interpersonal relationships.
- Reptilian aliens posing as humans overtook the planet in 1983's V (the original miniseries) (1983), but the drama revolved around Resistance fighters based in Los Angeles. The aliens' imposing mothership constantly hovered over the city, residents were harvested for food, and the city's water supply was secretly drained.
-NCIS:LA, the spin of show from NCIS, shown on CBS. Is the main feature of the show, setting the scene for the team to fight international terrorism threats against the City of LA Los Angeles and also against the navy and marine corps members. This shows first aired in September 2009 when NCIS members Gibbs and McGee flew to LA
- Victorious is a Nickelodean teen sitcom that follows a group of friends as they attend a performing arts high school called, Hollywood Arts High School, in the Hollywood Hills. Shots of the skyline can also be seen.
- The Bold and the Beautiful is a soap opera about a major fashion company that takes place in Los Angeles.
Read more about this topic: Los Angeles In Popular Culture
Famous quotes containing the word series:
“Autobiography is only to be trusted when it reveals something disgraceful. A man who gives a good account of himself is probably lying, since any life when viewed from the inside is simply a series of defeats.”
—George Orwell (19031950)