(Alphabetized by artist)
- The David Guetta/Flo Rida/Nicki Minaj song, "Where Them Girls At" takes place at various places around Downtown Los Angeles.
- Settings in Madonna's music video for her song, "La Isla Bonita", were clearly filmed around Downtown Los Angeles.
- In the song "I Love L.A.", Randy Newman mentions places where the richest and the poorest live, and some famous boulevards in Los Angeles.
- Straight Outta Compton is the debut studio album by American hip hop group N.W.A, released August 8, 1988 on group member Eazy-E's record label Ruthless Records. Its title refers to the group's native Compton, California.
- "Straight Outta Compton (song)" (1988) is the award-winning lead single from N.W.A's eponymous second album with the same name. It also appears on N.W.A's Greatest Hits with an extended mix, and The Best of N.W.A.: The Strength of Street Knowledge.
- English group Massive Attack filmed the music video for the song Unfinished Sympathy in January 1991 on West Pico Boulevard, L.A.
- The Los Angeles band Red Hot Chili Peppers have referenced the city in their songs many times over the years, most notably in their 1992 hit single "Under the Bridge", which contains lyrics about the singers' relationship with the city.
- The East Coast – West Coast hip hop rivalry was a feud in the early to mid-1990s between artists and fans of the East Coast and West Coast hip-hop scenes. Seeming focal points of the feud were East Coast-based rapper The Notorious B.I.G. (and his New York-based label, Bad Boy Records), and West Coast-based rapper 2Pac (and his Lost Angeles-based label, Death Row Records), both of whom were murdered.
Read more about this topic: Los Angeles In Popular Culture
Other articles related to "music, in music":
... at a discount and began to progressively rebrand them as Delta music stores ... centre manager even though it was earmarked for another music retailer (that store ceased trading in 2010) ... In June 1998, it acquired 27 outlets from the Brashs music chain on its demise via its administrators, KPMG, and the two remaining stores from Blockbuster Music in Pitt Street, Sydney, and ...
... On the back cover of the Doors 13 album, Jim Morrison and the other members of the Doors are shown posing with a bust of Aleister Crowley ... Author Paulo Coelho introduced the writings of Aleister Crowley to Brazilian rocker Raul Seixas, who went on to write and perform songs (most notably, "Viva a Sociedade Alternativa" and "Novo Aeon") that were strongly influenced by Crowley ...
Famous quotes containing the word music:
“While the music is performed, the cameras linger savagely over the faces of the audience. What a bottomless chasm of vacuity they reveal! Those who flock round the Beatles, who scream themselves into hysteria, whose vacant faces flicker over the TV screen, are the least fortunate of their generation, the dull, the idle, the failures . . .”
—Paul Johnson (b. 1928)
“Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.”
—Bill Cosby (b. 1937)