- Dodda Alada Mara, a big banyan tree located in Ramohalli (28 km away). This tree covers 3 acres (12,000 m2) and is one of the largest of its kind. It is at least 400 years old.
- Bugle Rock bugle is called Kahale (ಕಹಲೆ)) is a massive rock situated in Basavanagudi which is an abrupt rise above the ground of peninsular gneiss as the main rock formation and with an assessed age of about 3000 million years.
- Thottikallu is a place 25 km from Bangalore off the Kanakapura road which is famous for a falls called Thottikallu falls more popularly known as TK falls.
- Nandi Hills or Nandidurg is a hill fortress of southern India, in the Chikkaballapur district of Karnataka state. It is located just 3 to 5 km from Chickballapur Taluq, 60 km from Bangalore. It is 4851 ft (1478 m) above sea level. Nandidurg hill, known commonly as Nandi Hills, is the source of the Penner, Ponnaiyar and Palar rivers. Nandi Hills gets its name from an ancient Nandi temple situated on this hill. This temple has a thousand year old sculpture of Nandi. An ancient lord Shiva and Parvati temple also adorns this hill.
- Kaivara, cave temples 60 km away near Chikkaballapur.
- Tippagondanahalli Reservoir, also known as T G Halli or Chamarajsagar, is located at the confluence of the Arkavathy River and Kumudavathi River, 35 km west of Bangalore.
- Lakes in Bangalore include Ulsoor Lake, DRDO Lake, Sankey tank, Hesaraghatta Lake, Yediyur Lake, Nagavara Lake (also called Lumbini Lake), Hebbal Lake, Madiwala Lake, Kempanbudi Lake, Varthur Lake among others.
Other articles related to "nature":
... Outer space is certainly spacious, but it is far from empty ... Outer space is sparsely filled with several dozen types of organic molecules discovered to date by microwave spectroscopy, blackbody radiation left over from the big bang and the origin of the universe, and cosmic rays, which include ionized atomic nuclei and various subatomic particles ...
... The north-eastern part of former Riga District is covered by the largest deciduous forests in Latvia ... The Gauja National Park is part of these forests and has more than 900 kinds of plants, 48 species of mammals and 149 species of birds ...
... There are es 26 nature reserves in the county of Soltau-Fallingbostel ... The largest one (Lüneburg Heath Nature Reserve) has an area of 13,222 ha in the territory of the county of Soltau-Fallingbostel, the smallest (Söhlbruch) has an area of 8 ha ... See also Nature reserves in Lower Saxony ...
... established a British state research council for natural sciences and 'biological service', The Nature Conservancy (1949–1973), and allowed for the legal ... Captain Cyril Diver as Director General of The Nature Conservancy in 1952 and served until 1966, just after the Conservancy lost its independent status ... World Wildlife Fund (WWF) (now the World Wide Fund for Nature) ...
... The Stoics held that no one was a slave by nature slavery was an external condition juxtaposed to the internal freedom of the soul (sui juris) ... exemplified than with regard to the theory of the equality of human nature." Charles H ... and that right is based, not upon's opinions, but upon Nature." ...
Famous quotes containing the word nature:
“It is an odd jealousy: but the poet finds himself not near enough to his object. The pine-tree, the river, the bank of flowers before him, does not seem to be nature. Nature is still elsewhere.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“But is it not the fact that religion emanates from the nature, from the moral state of the individual? Is it not therefore true that unless the nature be completely exercised, the moral state harmonised, the religion cannot be healthy?”
—Harriet Martineau (18021876)
“All the lies and evasions by which man has nourished himselfcivilization, in a wordare the fruits of the creative artist. It is the creative nature of man which has refused to let him lapse back into that unconscious unity with life which charactizes the animal world from which he made his escape.”
—Henry Miller (18911980)