- Central Naval Museum
- Old Saint Petersburg Stock Exchange and Rostral Columns (former territory of the city's commercial port with lighthouses, goods storage houses, stock exchange (the latter until 2012 housing the Central Naval Museum))
- Russian cruiser Aurora
- Krasin (1917 icebreaker) Russian website http://www.krassin.ru/
- Shtandart, a replica of an 18th century yacht of tsar Peter the Great
- Museum of Russian Submarine Forces at 83, Kondratiyeskiy prospekt.
- С-189 diesel submarine, a Whiskey class submarine - moored off Lieutenant Shmidt Embankment, Vasilyevsky Island.
- Museum of Submarine Armaments and Admiral Stepan Makarov's Memorial Study at Gidropribor production facility in Saint Petersburg (Russian homepage - http://www.gidropribor.ru/index.php?id=16, info in Rus. also at http://www.missiles.ru/foto_Gidropribor.htm)
Other articles related to "maritime museums, maritime":
... Maritime archaeology is important in Britain because of the large number of shipwrecks around the coast and because of the large areas off the coast that have been submerged by rising sea levels ...
Famous quotes containing the word museums:
“Museums are just a lot of lies, and the people who make art their business are mostly imposters.... We have infected the pictures in museums with all our stupidities, all our mistakes, all our poverty of spirit. We have turned them into petty and ridiculous things.”
—Pablo Picasso (18811973)