Scholars and Educators
- Rodolfo Acuña - historian and professor
- Elsa Salazar Cade - entomologist/science educator
- Mariano Velazquez de la Cadena - grammarian, scholar, and author
- Lauro Cavazos - U.S. Secretary of Education (1988–1990)
- Francisco G. Cigarroa - chancellor of the University of Texas System and president of the UT Health Science Center in San Antonio, Texas.
- Miguel Angel Corzo - CEO and President of LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes
- Jose Cuellar - professor of Chicano studies
- Robert R. Davila - president of Gallaudet University
- Alicia Gaspar de Alba - historian, scholar, author
- Roberta Fernández - novelist, scholar, critic and arts advocateprofessor
- Francisco Gil-White - anthropologist and educator
- Jonathon J. Andrew Muñoz - philosopher and educator
- Laura E. Gómez - President of the Law and Society Association and a Professor of Law and American Studies at the University of New Mexico
- Guillermo Gómez-Peña - Performance Artist, Author, Activist and Educator
- Juan Gómez-Quiñones - professor, historian, poet and activist
- José Ángel Gutiérrez - professor and attorney
- Arturo Islas - professor of English and novelist
- J. Michael Ortiz - President of Cal Poly Pomona
- Arnulfo Trejo - writer, college professor and literary activist
- Francisco Vázquez - scholar and public intellectual
- Erv Wilson - music theorist
Read more about this topic: List Of Mexican Americans
Other articles related to "scholars":
... There are several ways to categorize bylina, and scholars disagree on which classification to use ... Scholars from the mythological school differentiate between byliny about ‘older’ and ‘younger’ heroes ... Scholars of the historical school often consider mythological byliny separately ...
... Scholars need a good knowledge of several languages Akkadian and its major dialects and Sumerian, aided by such languages as Biblical Hebrew, Hittite, Elamite and Aramaic for ... Although scholars can draw from a large corpus of literature, some tablets are broken, or in the case of literary texts where there may be many copies, the language and grammar are arcane ... Moreover, scholars must be able to read and understand modern English, French, and German, as important references, dictionaries, and journals are published in those languages ...
... The Victoria Scholars Men's Choral Ensemble is an amateur choir based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada ... The namesake of the Victoria Scholars, Tomás Luis de Victoria, was an outstanding composer of the Renaissance period whose music is renowned for both its spirituality and emotional expressiveness ... The essence of the Scholars’ music is an emphasis on the clarity and balance of sound so characteristic of Renaissance music ...
Famous quotes containing the words educators and/or scholars:
“The great want of our race is perfect educators to train new-born minds, who are infallible teachers of what is right and true.”
—Catherine E. Beecher (18001878)
“Let ideas establish their legitimate sway again in society, let life be fair and poetic, and the scholars will gladly be lovers, citizens, and philanthropists.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)