By Frame Design
- An old-fashioned penny-farthing or ordinary has one high wheel directly driven by the pedals and one small wheel.
- On an upright bicycle, also called a safety bicycle, the rider sits astride the saddle.
- On a recumbent bicycle the rider reclines or lies supine. Recumbent bicycles (also 'bents) are designed to maximise comfort and minimise wind resistance, because the rider in a supine or semi-supine position. Whereas most of the other types of bicycle in this section are designed around a ‘diamond frame’ geometry, where the pedals and chainset are located at the bottom of the bicycle and handlebars are at the front, recumbent bicycles (recumbents) generally use a “boom” and rear triangle combination with the pedals and chainset located at the front of the boom and the handlebars are located either “over seat” or “underseat” in the center.
- On a prone bike the rider lies in a prone position.
- A crank forward bicycle has the rider upright with the pedals far enough forward that the rider can reach the ground with his or her feet without getting off the saddle.
- A Pedersen bicycle has a bridge truss frame.
- A folding bicycle can be quickly folded for easy carrying, for example on public transport.
- A small wheel bicycle, such as a Moulton Bicycle, has a traditional seating position and small wheels.
- A portable bicycle, such as a Strida, is a folding bicycle that is small and light enough to be easily carried afoot or in a cramped vehicle.
- An exercise bicycle remains stationary; it is used for exercise rather than propulsion.
- A Plastic bicycle was an attempt in the early 1980s to introduce a bicycle made entirely out of plastic materials instead of metal.
- A bamboo bicycle has a frame made of bamboo.
- A wood bicycle has a frame made out of wood.
- A Step-through frame is a type of bicycle frame, often used for utility bicycles, with a low or absent top tube or cross-bar
Read more about this topic: List Of Bicycle Types
Other articles related to "frame":
... make decision } } and the code below should be added after the frame tag //"my_frame" should be changed according to the real id of the frame in your page document.getE ...
... a Web page from being displayed within a frame ... A frame is a subdivision of a Web browser window and can act like a smaller window ... This kind of script is often used to prevent a frame from an external Web site being loaded from within a frameset without permission, often as part of ...
... Billy Frame (1912–1992), Scottish footballer Fred Frame (1894–1962) Janet Frame (1924–2004) John Frame (philosopher) (born 1939) John Frame (cricketer) (1733–1796) Linley Frame (born 1971) Pete Frame ...
... A frame language is a metalanguage ... It applies the frame concept to the structuring of language properties ... Frame languages are usually software languages ...
Famous quotes containing the words design and/or frame:
“What but design of darkness to appall?
If design govern in a thing so small.”
—Robert Frost (18741963)
“she drew back a while,
Then, yielding to the irresistible joy,
With frantic gesture and short breathless cry
Folded his frame in her dissolving arms.
Now blackness veiled his dizzy eyes, and night
Involved and swallowed up the vision; sleep,
Like a dark flood suspended in its course,
Rolled back its impulse on his vacant brain.”
—Percy Bysshe Shelley (17921822)