- Vodafone IN (404 86): Formerly Hutch. Vodafone has a large user base, and is one of the top mobile networks in India. Vodafone provides 3G in Karnataka eventhough it doesn't have 3G license. It makes use of Airtel's 3G network.
- BSNL (404 71) : BSNL provides GSM mobile services in Karnataka state and across much of India. BSNL has 3G license for Karnataka and was first operator to launch 3G in Karnataka.
- AirTel (404 45): AirTel is owned by Bharti Group. AirTel launched its 3G in Bangalore on 25 Jan 2011 as its first circle. With this launch AirTel becomes the third operator and second private operator to launch 3G in India. Airtel also holds 4G license in Bangalore and had launched its 4G services in Bangalore on May 7th,2012.
- TATA DOCOMO (405 034) : Tata Telecom started its GSM service Tata Docomo in 2009. Tata Docomo is the second 3G network in India and the 1st private operator to launch 3G in India. Tata Docomo provides 3G services in main cities of Karnataka and for other cities it makes use of Aircel's 3G network.
- Idea Cellular (404 44): Idea, India's 3rd largest mobile operator. It acquired Spice Telecom on Jan 2 2009 and made its entry to Karnataka and has expanded its coverage to larger part of Karnataka. Idea doesn't have 3G license for Karnataka therefore it provides 3G services through Airtel's 3G network.
- Aircel (405 803): Chennai-based Aircel launched its GSM operations in Karnataka on March 2009. Aircel has 3G license for Karnataka and provides 3G services in most of the cities. In a few cities it uses Tata Docomo's 3G network.
- Reliance GSM (405 10): Reliance newly started their GSM service in 2009. Reliance GSM does not have 3G license for Karnataka circle. Currently it is not providing 3G services for Karnataka circle.
- Uninor (405 820): Uninor is the 8th GSM operator that entered Bangalore. It was launched in Bangalore on 4 Nov 2009. Uninor is a joint-venture between India's Unitech wireless and Norwegian telecom Telenor. However, owing to the Supreme Court's order, it stopped its services on 18th January 2013.
- Virgin GSM: It is Bangalore's newest GSM telecom company. It makes use of TATA DOCOMO's network.
Main Site Subjects