Limoges

Coordinates: 45°50′07″N 1°15′45″E / 45.8353°N 1.2625°E / 45.8353; 1.2625

Limoges (, Lemòtges or Limòtges in the Limousin dialect of Occitan) is a city and commune, the capital of the Haute-Vienne department and the administrative capital of the Limousin région in west-central France.

Limoges is known for its medieval enamels (Limoges enamels) on copper, for its 19th-century porcelain (Limoges porcelain) and for its oak barrels which are used for Cognac production.

Read more about LimogesClimate, Demographics, Main Sights, Art, Transport, Notable People, Twin Towns

Other articles related to "limoges":

Charles A. Alluaud
... Alluaud (4 May 1861, Limoges - 12 December 1949, Crozant) was a French entomologist ... His great grandfather had been chairman of the Ancienne Manufacture Royale de Limoges and his grandfather, François Alluaud (1778–1866), was a porcelain manufacturer ... Charles left Limoges for Paris to supplement his studies but was an undisciplined pupil ...
Limoges, Ontario
... Limoges, Ontario is a small community in The United Counties of Prescott and Russell approximately 35 kilometers (22 mi) east of Ottawa ... Limoges is north of Exit 79 on Trans-Canada Highway 417 ... Limoges is home to Calypso Park, Canada’s largest theme waterpark, and Kittawa, a popular camping site ...
Transit Eastern Ontario - Services
... Served Notes 552 Finch, Berwick, Chrysler Via Limoges Park Ride 553 Limoges 555 St ... Isidore, Casselman 556 Casselman, Limoges Also serves Tunney's Pasture in Ottawa 558 St ...
Siege Of Limoges
... The Siege of Limoges in 1370 was laid by the English troops after the town had opened its gates to the Duke of Berry ... According to Jean Froissart, the Bishop of Limoges played a large role in assisting the surrender ... The town of Limoges had been under English control but in 1370 it surrendered to the French ...
Massacre Of Limoges
... The Massacre of Limoges was a battle in 1370 during the Hundred Years' War ... The town of Limoges had been under English control until the Bishop gave the town over to the French ...